Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2018, 4:19 pm

The Guardian paper could be in serious trouble after they have (without checking) accused two real people on Twitter of being "Russian bots". The paper has been spreading fake stories and propaganda about Russia and Syria. The paper should be shut down.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... are_btn_tw

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2018, 9:38 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
The Guardian paper could be in serious trouble after they have (without checking) accused two real people on Twitter of being "Russian bots". The paper has been spreading fake stories and propaganda about Russia and Syria. The paper should be shut down.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... are_btn_tw

So, papers that disagree with you should shut down?
They don't really throw accusations anyway, they're reporting about the British government throwing accusations, real or not.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 2:09 am

I fail to see how that invalidates the Mueller investigation.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2018, 7:32 am

They're not directly accusing them, but through proxy.
I'm no fan of The Guardian but for the most part it works well within the confines of the ethics of journalism.

Much of 'Russiagate' as you put it is a weak narrative IMO, however nothing is ever clear cut in these circumstances.
Trump may have not knowingly worked with Russia for the purposes of the election. This does not mean that aides in his party are off the hook. Not that I care either way.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2018, 11:23 am

Hypothetically, IF Russiagate turns out to be 100% completely fabricated by "the deep state," or whatever other American organization that tinfoil hat wearing militiamen are prepared to fight, I'd be A-okay with that so long as it results in Trump & Co. removed from office so as to stop the harm he's inflicting on Americans & the rest of the world with his ignorance & incompetence.