Autistic teen with cerebal palsey - Miss England pagent

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2018, 3:50 am

Teenager with cerebral palsy could be first disabled Miss England winner

Quote:
A teenage student with cerebral palsy is in the running to be become the first ever disabled winner of Miss England.

Megan Reeve, 16, was tormented by school bullies who had branded her a “penguin” and “dinosaur” but has now had the last laugh after being crowned Miss Rugby

She had been subjected to a cruel campaign of abuse by former school pals who even lured her from her home one day and savagely attacked her.

And last weekend Megan was crowned Miss Rugby in Bedworth, Warwickshire – qualifying for the semi-finals of Miss England, which will be held in July.

Megan, who has cerebral palsy and Aspergers syndrome, bravely took to the stage despite also suffering from anxiety and was stunned when she won.

“I experienced loads of bullying growing up from people in school - because I walk differently to everyone else, they called me ‘penguin’, ‘dinosaur’ and all that.

“It is severe, I struggle on a day-to-day basis. I struggle dressing myself, I struggle with stairs, my posture and things like that.

“When I actually competed last weekend, that was the first time I had ever been on stage. I was nervous but really excited to do

With her cerebral palsy and Asperger’s I want people to know: don’t let it hold you back.

“Through everything Megan has been through, she has come through it.

“It’s made her a bigger and stronger person and she wants to go and help peopl

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2018, 4:21 pm

I've had a look over the other articles, most don't mention Asperger's and the few that do have it way down. Cerebral palsy is in all the titles.