For those that believe ASD is Only hard wired/genetic

Page 26 of 28 [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 6:35 pm

It's probably best for Goldfish to hang out in PPR or the other political/news subforums, and give his political opinions. He'll do fine there, definitely.

Goldfish is doing what I used to do: persist, persist, persist. Give the impression that I "doth protest too much." Give people the opportunity to mock me. React to the mocking with more persistence and "doth protest too much."

There are people here who are leery of somebody who is so "free" with his personal information. There are people who have been victims of this sort of person. Truthfully, I don't feel you are that type. I believe you are sincere. I don't believe you're a creep at all. I believe you are the "overly open" type---like I am sometimes.

Your problem is the SHEER EVANGELICAL PASSION which you put into what you have "discovered"---like you've discovered Jesus or something. You preclude other input. You don't realize that your "discovery" could be used as a COMPLEMENT to something else, rather than just used BY ITSELF. It's not the only thing under the sun.

I didn't know, in my younger days, when to just back off, reflect upon things, come up with a better approach, and start over again in a few days.

I've made a few mistakes on WP myself. I had to back off, and start over.

I would find a way to incorporate what I have achieved into the overall conversation among many people, complement what others are saying, rather than make your achievements THE ONE AND ONLY conversation.

There are people here who do espouse probiotics, and who do believe the gut is "another brain," so to speak. You have more allies than you think.

People on WP are very forgiving----once you admit you've made mistakes. For we have all make mistakes in life.

I think you're a cool guy. I think you can, ultimately, win this.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 8:47 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Hell, stay home & send your mom if she's the family ASD expert. It's a bit of a long drive; we have a guest room.

Oh yeah sure she's on the way. Should arrive around midnight lol.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 2:16 am

eeVenye wrote:
Hey, goldfish, have you met our new friend zot? You two have a lot to talk about!

No, I have no idea who "zot," is. I don't recall ever seeing that username post anywhere.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 2:22 am

goldfish21 wrote:
eeVenye wrote:
Hey, goldfish, have you met our new friend zot? You two have a lot to talk about!

No, I have no idea who "zot," is. I don't recall ever seeing that username post anywhere.

That my dear goldfish was sarcasm based on
this thread

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 2:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's probably best for Goldfish to hang out in PPR or the other political/news subforums, and give his political opinions. He'll do fine there, definitely.

Goldfish is doing what I used to do: persist, persist, persist. Give the impression that I "doth protest too much." Give people the opportunity to mock me. React to the mocking with more persistence and "doth protest too much."

There are people here who are leery of somebody who is so "free" with his personal information. There are people who have been victims of this sort of person. Truthfully, I don't feel you are that type. I believe you are sincere. I don't believe you're a creep at all. I believe you are the "overly open" type---like I am sometimes.

Your problem is the SHEER EVANGELICAL PASSION which you put into what you have "discovered"---like you've discovered Jesus or something. You preclude other input. You don't realize that your "discovery" could be used as a COMPLEMENT to something else, rather than just used BY ITSELF. It's not the only thing under the sun.

I didn't know, in my younger days, when to just back off, reflect upon things, come up with a better approach, and start over again in a few days.

I've made a few mistakes on WP myself. I had to back off, and start over.

I would find a way to incorporate what I have achieved into the overall conversation among many people, complement what others are saying, rather than make your achievements THE ONE AND ONLY conversation.

There are people here who do espouse probiotics, and who do believe the gut is "another brain," so to speak. You have more allies than you think.

People on WP are very forgiving----once you admit you've made mistakes. For we have all make mistakes in life.

I think you're a cool guy. I think you can, ultimately, win this.

The primary reason you don't comprehend why I am passionate about this is because you don't believe me. I've done my best to describe my experience ~5 years ago and just how it's changed me & my entire life. 6 years ago, I may as well have been sly279/Marknis/<insert username of whoever is at their worst> & then I solved this problem and figured out how to treat these symptoms in a way that's enabled me to live a fantastically social life full of friends and adventure. 6 years ago.. I don't ever want to rethink the thoughts I had back then. I swear the ONLY thing that kept me from eating a shotgun or something was my love for two of my favourite people. The only way I made it through that period of my life was to close my eyes and think of one of them and remind myself that I would do ANYTHING for them, including putting up with the thoughts that were in my head and my shutting down brain functions that were f*****g terrifying. For either of them I could tolerate those things for as long as it took to figure it out. I Knew that I wasn't always that bad.. and that if something could make it worse, that something could make it better - I just had to figure out what. And I did. And then EVERYTHING changed for the better. E V E R Y T H I N G. And now I live the blessed life that I do. And that is why my immediate reaction was to share this here with the people I had come to know who were suffering from the exact same symptoms; because I had learned how to alleviate them. Of COURSE I was, and am, BEYOND stoked about this and used the words "MIRACULOUS RESULTS," to describe my experience.. because there are no better words to describe it.

IF you believed me, you'd understand my enthusiasm. This is not & never has been a hoax of any kind. Textbook AS symptoms. This medicine. These organs/tissues. This process. These results. That's it, that's all.

Imagine it.. just pretend for a moment that you believe me. Yeah, I know, I know you don't.. but pretend.. imagine it, and now imagine that you were me, and how you would feel about this & how you would want to share it with everyone here. I've maintained the exact same story for over 5 years & continue to benefit personally from what I learned and did. I do hope that others will benefit from it. That's my goal with this. If it were money/fame/fortune I'd have done as EzraS said and created a website and wrote a book. But that's not my objective in the least bit. I have no desire to profit from people who can least afford to pay me. My objective is to help them (you), that's it, that's all.

Last edited by goldfish21 on 16 May 2018, 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 2:32 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Hell, stay home & send your mom if she's the family ASD expert. It's a bit of a long drive; we have a guest room.

I'm a night owl like my mother's family & we do the same for late arriving guests as my father's mother did: Make sure there's something ready to eat when they arrive, 12, 1, 2, whenever. We are very good hosts like that.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 2:37 am

goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I'm a night owl like my mother's family & we do the same for late arriving guests as my father's mother did: Make sure there's something ready to eat when they arrive, 12, 1, 2, whenever. We are very good hosts like that.

I was alluding to the creepiness of a woman going alone to visit some strange dude. You know just a joke dude.

The way things really work is you would make an appointment with her secretary for you to go see her.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 4:58 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I was alluding to the creepiness of a woman going alone to visit some strange dude. You know just a joke dude.

The way things really work is you would make an appointment with her secretary for you to go see her.

Does she work in Canada?

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 5:06 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Does she work in Canada?

Nope. Are you unable cross the border?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 5:26 am

EzraS wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Does she work in Canada?

Nope. Are you unable cross the border?

I used to cross the border a couple times a week. I haven't crossed since December 2016. I do buy a few things online here and there and have someone else pick them up, but I haven't crossed the border and spent any money in your country since Trump & Co. took over and started mistreating gay people, immigrants, and all kinds of others - especially at the border. So, I let my passport expire and pay $6cdn / US gallon of regular gas instead of whatever the price is in Blaine. I can't be bothered to renew my passport and make regular trips to Washington to save money on gas/beer/groceries until Trump is out of office and a more sane administration is calling the shots. It's called "The Trump Slump," for a reason - MANY Canadians are boycotting shopping/vacation trips to the USA. I'd rather give my money to my corrupt government than your corrupt government - lesser of two evils.

As for criminality, I have no criminal or arrest record whatsoever. I previously held a licence to sell security alarm & video surveillance systems which means I've been background checked, finger printed, and am bondable. I'm a good person, not a dirtbag.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 5:33 am

Aw shucks. c'est la vie.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 6:02 am

I don’t disbelieve you, Goldfish. Not by a longshot.

You’re a bright guy. Can’t you see how your solution can be a complementary solution, in addition to a sole solution?

It’s not the only game in town.

You have to learn to see the forest for the trees, sir. Otherwise, you’ll get nowhere on this.

Stop acting like that Zot character. He’s a TRUE snake-oil salesman..

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 16 May 2018, 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 7:23 am

This is what I think is going on. There's like a default defense mechanism. Anything you say that he doesn't want to hear, gets the "it's because you don't believe me" designation. This puts blame on the other person. And also assigns guilt to the other person ie guilty of not believing. And no one is likely to get through that barrier.

Also the story part of the response reminded me of myself. About 5 years ago I started having brain chemistry problems that for one thing made my autism traits much more pronounced. I was having trouble in school, very dark times, was self harming etc. So eventually I got put on a SSRI. And eventually this cured me. But then it started working too good and I became manic, aggressive, reckless and so on. But I felt great. I felt totally STOKED (sound familiar?).

So what I would be interested in (kinda) is to see what effect the treatment protocol is supposed to have on things like serotonin and dopamine levels. Because that's what I think is actually being affected and was probably the main problem in the first place.

Edit: yep just as I thought,

Your Gut Can Influence How You Feel: It All Starts with GABA and Serotonin

He compares his past condition to sly279 and Marknis and my guess is their particular problems have more to do with their brain hormones than their autism.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 9:12 am

I wouldn't want to go partying with 900 other people around me. That's just not the way I roll.....One, or maybe two, people is enough for me. Maybe a few more if it involves a team of "team trivia" or something. I guess I've always been a pretty "boring" guy LOL

The only "treatment" I need is to learn from my mistakes, and stop repeating them. To grow up and mature. To be a better teacher and communicator. To just be "better."

This will only come if I want it to come. No "medicine" will do that for me. No diet. It's my mind that has to be activated in that direction by ME. Nobody is going to do it for me, without me doing it for myself.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2018, 9:29 am

A page or two back, goldfish21 mentioned a book by one Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride. If anyone is considering buying it, I would suggest doing some in depth research into the author and her qualifications. There are lots of glowing testimonials and lots of loud alarm bells, and it is unfortunately hard to pick apart what is true and what is not without trawling through lots of opinion and ambiguous claims and counterclaims.

If you want a list of the things she may be able to help you with, have a look here,

http://www.doctor-natasha.com/index.php

though if you click on any of the links there isn't a lot of variety in what she has to say about any of these conditions.

She may of course be entirely genuine and can indeed help many people in the way that she claims but it's worth doing some digging I think.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 9:32 am

Goldfish has acquired many of the characteristics of a "disciple."

This is the way I would look at Goldfish. He's a "true believer," and he's earnest.

He's not a conman.

This doesn't mean that the treatment that worked for him will necessarily work for other people.