Is making friends online easier for you?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Katie0405
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 May 2018, 3:47 am

It's easier to find friends online by I find it unsafe. I still like making friends thru a common friend, neighbors, and relatives.

Tori0326
Toucan
Toucan

14 May 2018, 10:42 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
Tori0326 wrote:
Only if it stays online. Once it switches over to in-person it usually goes downhill rapidly. More rapidly than just encountering people in the real world in passing. I think online that people build up too many expectations.
I'm pretty sure the one person let out a verbal "Oh" the moment we met in-person...most others the disappointment is pretty clear, even to an Aspie.

The most recent regret is meeting a new found cousin that I matched DNA with on Ancestry. They happened to be visiting family in my area and there was a lot of build up. Her sister was even trying to get plane tickets to fly out for the meet up. I haven't heard from either since the meet up last week. I've messaged a couple times with no response so I'm pretty sure it's going down the same road. Big D'oh on my part with the DNA. I really wasn't thinking about meeting long lost relatives when I did it. I was mostly wanting to know my full ethnicity and find proof of my suspected biological grandfather. (Yes, it was confirmed.)

On the other hand, I met my current partner of 7+ years online so...

Yes, only if correspondence remains online. Any consideration for getting acquainted in your community through activities on http://www.meetup.com ?

I'm not sure if that question was directed at me in particular but I really don't have a desire to socialize in groups. I also think telecommuting works better for me than going to an office. The less face-to-face contact with people the better.