Page 4 of 14 [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 12:59 am

DarthMetaKnight wrote:
Here's a whopper that I often hear from white nationalists.

"Ancient Europeans didn't actually believe in their mythology. They just used it to symbolize their values."

Bollocks. Socrates was put to death because he doubted the existence of the Greek pantheon, and encouraged others to be doubters as well.

I never heard that one from those cretinous basement dwellers, but I don't doubt they said it.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 5:45 pm

"There'd be no morality without Christianity"

Yeah, as if. Christians have been persecuting non-Christians for at least a thousand years, thus they are not ANY better than any other religious people. Being a Christian or non-Christian does not make you neither more nor less moral than the other.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 8:29 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
"There'd be no morality without Christianity"

Yeah, as if. Christians have been persecuting non-Christians for at least a thousand years, thus they are not ANY better than any other religious people. Being a Christian or non-Christian does not make you neither more nor less moral than the other.

This is very true.

When Columbus landed in the new world, the natives naïvely trusted him, and he betrayed them. Clearly, Caribbean natives were capable of being good without Christianity.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 9:04 pm

This video shatters many of the myths about "noble knights".

TL;DW: Knights only had to follow the code of chivalry when they were dealing with wealthy noblewomen. Knights would often rape peasant women because the code of chivalry didn't apply to peasants.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 9:14 pm

"Napoleon was short" He was five foot seven inches, which was slightly above average for a Frenchman of that time.

"Twinkies are edible for decades or even longer" The average shelf life of Twinkies is 45 days, although it was originally 25 days. But they are normally kept on store shelves for only 7 to 10 days.

"Feeding candy to dogs will give them worms". I used to hear this all the time as a kid. But if we can eat candy and not get worms, then neither can dogs. Giving them food with actual live parasitic worms or their eggs gives them worms, which candy normally does not have.

" The word Xmas was created to be secular and take the Christ out of Christmas by evil Satan-worshiping atheists"
Xmas is really just an abbreviation of Christmas that comes from the Greek word for "Christ".

'Atheists worship Satan (see above)." Atheists don't worship any kind of religious being, including Satan.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 9:22 pm

"If you don't go to college, then you'll be a loser"

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 9:29 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
"Twinkies are edible for decades or even longer" The average shelf life of Twinkies is 45 days, although it was originally 25 days. But they are normally kept on store shelves for only 7 to 10 days.

So Twink from Sausage Party isn't actually immortal? :lol:

Quote:
'Atheists worship Satan (see above)." Atheists don't worship any kind of religious being, including Satan.

Whoever told you this was obviously trolling. Nobody could be this idiotic.

Right? :(

b9
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 2:17 am

in australia, i would say the notion of "the stolen generation" is a misrepresented part of our history.
it happened from the early 1900's to the late 1960's.

the basic story is that aboriginal children were removed from their families forcibly and placed into foster care (by white people).
they want compensation and they are whinging savagely about the injustice of it.

however, unfortunately, white people interbreeding with aboriginal women produced "half castes"
the tribes did not like the half cast children and often killed them.

otherwise they were raped and treated poorly.
alcoholism was also rampant among aborigines (our fault by introducing it).

so half cast kids were routinely in poor condition in their communities and were taken into white custody.
there was an attempt to educate them and care for them.

maybe it was wrong to do, but it did not come from evil intentions.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 2:30 am

i think hitler does not deserve fully, his reputation.

it was himmler who came up with the "final solution".

hitler wanted them all evicted from germany (bad) and tried to relocate them, but there was a limit to the intake that each country would accept.
himmler apparently never told hitler about what his solution entailed.
hitler however must have suspected that they were being murdered, but i remember hearing that he told himmler he did not want to hear any details.

hitler also forbade the use of chemical weapons which is curious considering the mythology surrounding his evil nature.

it seems difficult to believe he would have authorised a chemical weapon (zyclon b) to kill jews.

anyway he was certainly a bad person, but maybe not as bad as it is claimed.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 8:35 am

"toilets in Australia flush in the opposite direction that they flush in the United States"

"Asexuality doesn't exist. Everyone experiences sexual attraction whether to the opposite or same gender. Those who claim to be asexual are actually sexually attracted to the same gender and don't want to admit it."

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 9:50 am

"The Egyptian pyramids were built by slaves."

Nope.
https://harvardmagazine.com/2003/07/who-built-the-pyramids-html

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 9:58 am

"The word "crap" comes from Thomas Crapper".

"We only use ten percent of our brains." If so, what is the other ninety percent of our brain doing?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 10:14 am

b9 wrote:
i think hitler does not deserve fully, his reputation.

it was himmler who came up with the "final solution".

hitler wanted them all evicted from germany (bad) and tried to relocate them, but there was a limit to the intake that each country would accept.
himmler apparently never told hitler about what his solution entailed.
hitler however must have suspected that they were being murdered, but i remember hearing that he told himmler he did not want to hear any details.

hitler also forbade the use of chemical weapons which is curious considering the mythology surrounding his evil nature.

it seems difficult to believe he would have authorised a chemical weapon (zyclon b) to kill jews.

anyway he was certainly a bad person, but maybe not as bad as it is claimed.

While I disagree, I don't want the thread derailed again with an argument.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 5:02 pm

"All women are secretly bisexual"

I hear this one a lot and I know it's not true.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 5:40 pm

Overall, I hate it when white nationalists treat the Roman Empire as though it was a "great white empire".

The Roman Empire was a multi-ethic empire ... and they had absolute contempt for the people of Northern Europe.

A lot of people ask me "Why do you even consider white nationalist rhetoric? Why not simply dismiss all racist theories just because they are racist?"

That's not what Socrates would say. I believe that, if something contains substance, but is factually incorrect, it should be debunked.

That's how the modern rise of the far-right will be dismantled. The left needs to listen to me here.

I'm not saying that racists should be allowed on this site. I'm saying that the leftists here should be willing to venture to other sites which allow that sort of nonsense.

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 5:41 pm

Overall, I hate it when white nationalists treat the Roman Empire as though it was a "great white empire".

The Roman Empire was a multi-ethic empire ... and they had absolute contempt for the people of Northern Europe.

A lot of people ask me "Why do you even consider white nationalist rhetoric? Why not simply dismiss all racist theories just because they are racist?"

That's not what Socrates would say. I believe that, if something contains substance, but is factually incorrect, it should be debunked.

That's how the modern rise of the far-right will be dismantled. The left needs to listen to me here.

I'm not saying that racists should be allowed on this site. I'm saying that the leftists here should be willing to venture to other sites which allow that sort of nonsense.