Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 4:47 pm

I mean ok I don't really literally hate them all I am not that mean...but seriously they can be so freaking annoying. The neighbors above me and my boyfriend have some little hellions and I think another neighbors kid plays with them to or interacts with them or whatever. But apparently they think it is fun to lock each other out of the building, scream really loud and bang on the back door of the apartment building that leads to the patio and back yard. My apartment has a sliding glass door that opens onto this patio.

Last night they did it when my boyfriend was trying to nap before going back to work for a double shift, then today they were doing it for a longer time...until I finally went out and told them 'You guys need to stop locking each other out and banging on the door' one of them said 'ok', then when I went back in my apartment one of them knocked on my glass door I ignored it. There is more but yeah its getting really disrespectful and making me feel awkward in my own apartment.

Also I can't help thinking if me and my siblings and cousins we hung out with behaved like that when we were kids we would have probably gotten spankings or at the very least a long serious talking to about how to behave in an apartment building.

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 7:12 pm

Have you brought it up with the property manager and their parents? My kids are 3 and 9 months old, I can't picture them being like that. Being strict and responsible parents helps, teaching kids the right things. Its alot to deal with, kids can be annoying especially if they aren't yours. I'd knock on their glass door, and explain the situation.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 9:40 pm

Hopefully the lil varmints got the message.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2018, 10:04 pm

Sometimes, the parents are worse than the kids.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Apr 2018, 8:27 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
That is true. We live in a townhouse apartment & the girl next door used to run around making banging noises & making the place shake. Her dad would start yelling & cursing at her & then she'd start crying & he'd yell even more. That's not too much of a problem nowadays cuz she mellowed out but we have other problems with them. Someone else moved in(in addition to the people who were already there) & they started smoking pot alot which gets into our place & listening to the TV & music loudly sometimes. We're planning to move when our lease runs out in November partly because of this stuff. We'd rather a place with no connected neighbors or only connected on a small side & better insulation cuz our current place doesn't really have it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2018, 9:12 am

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
My kids are 3 and 9 months old, I can't picture them being like that.

Just wait 5 years or so.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2018, 8:02 pm

It's no secret that I have no patience with brats whatsoever and am not a fan of the under 20's.

Raymond_Fawkes wrote:
Being strict and responsible parents helps, teaching kids the right things.

lololol! That is a belief as naive as those who think misbehaving kids are all down to the parents not doing their job. Kids have wills of their own, and the behavior they present when around parents may be very different than when they're not. That is not a new phenomenon at all. For the most part, when kids choose to misbehave, it's not a matter of not knowing any better, it's just a question of wanting to do it.
That's not to say that parents shouldn't try to teach them right and wrong (although I think most have an innate understanding of a some of those), parents absolutely should, but they should also be realistic enough (and have sufficiently good memory) to know that their offspring will do bad things, and sometimes that means things parents would never guess their 'little darlings' might be up to.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2018, 2:01 am

CockneyRebel wrote:

Some parents bother me much more micromanaging their kids. I don't hear the kid at all, just the parent every 5 seconds. "Bobby sit still. Bobby no. Bobby stop it. Bobby what did I just say?" etc.