"CDC: Autism prevalence rises to 1 in 59 children"

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2018, 7:14 pm

CDC: Autism prevalence rises to 1 in 59 children

April 26 (UPI) -- The prevalence of autism has been raised to 1 in 59 children by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in tracking of 11 communities across the country.

The latest estimate of 1.7 percent is higher than the 1.5 percent -- or 1 in 68 -- in the 2016 report, the CDC announced Thursday in a report. From 2000-02, it was one in 150 children.

https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2018/04 ... 524762777/

There Are Four Lights!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2018, 1:57 am

It's not an epidemic. It's an invasion! Soon there will be more and more of us autistic people, and then we'll take over the world, muhahahaha! :twisted:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2018, 12:43 pm

Theyre gonna build a wall to keep autistics out of America, and then make autistics pay for the wall.

And deport the illegals back to Austisticland!

Last edited by naturalplastic on 29 Apr 2018, 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nephets
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Apr 2018, 1:16 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
It's not an epidemic. It's an invasion! Soon there will be more and more of us autistic people, and then we'll take over the world, muhahahaha! :twisted:

We already are taking over. The poor fools think that PC's are there to help them. Little do they realize, those are OUR machines, invented to help us take over. BWUHAHAHAHA!!

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2018, 1:50 pm

UPI wrote:
The prevalence of autism has been raised to 1 in 59 children by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention...

Finally, the real culprits for this social menace are revealed! :wink:
But I'm a bit confused. Does this mean that the CDC is full of incredibly randy autistic people? :lol:

UPI wrote:
About 85 percent of those with autism had concerns about the need for developmental evaluation by 3...

Yes, worrying about my lack of a developmental evaluation really spoiled my pre-school years! :roll:

The linked sources for the story wrote:
- The nation still lacks any reliable estimate of autism’s prevalence among adults.
- These findings suggest that ASD prevalence estimates will likely be lower under DSM-5 than they have been under DSM-IV-TR diagnostic criteria
- A consistent pattern observed in ADDM data has been higher identified ASD prevalence among residents of neighborhoods with higher socioeconomic status
- ...the combined prevalence estimates presented in this report cannot be generalized to all children aged 8 years in the United States.

Meh, not worth mentioning in an article about the, erm, prevalence of, erm, autism, erm... oh.

UPI wrote:
The CDC noted that the variances could be due to differences in how autism is being diagnosed and documented, said the percentage change could be due to improved autism identification in minority populations.

First rule of cutting and pasting for professional journalists - always read it back to yourself after pressing CTRL-V.

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Apr 2018, 7:20 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Theyre gonna build a wall to keep autistics out of America, and then make autistics pay for the wall.

And deport the illegals back to Austisticland!

Not crying but I shed a tear

Somehow I thought I would be a vulcan, but perhaps that's not a stereotype I should be encouraging... Although Spock's really cool