Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2018, 1:10 pm

That's just plain evil! :evil: What if you had an emergency because you drank too many liquids, you're sick or you have a lot of fiber in your diet and, you had no money to go? 8O

That would be both humiliating and infuriating. :oops: :x

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2018, 4:16 pm

I can understand that it takes money to build, maintain, and keep a public toilet running, but on the other hand, what are you supposed to do if you urgently need to go and don't have any change for it?

Spiderpig wrote:
How was that discrimination supposed to work?

Urinals were free, so if men only had to pee, they didn't have to pay. Women didn't have that option.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Apr 2018, 6:08 pm

One possible solution for the guys is to wear one of those catheter devices I've seen advertised on World's Dumbest(Smartest) Inventions. Another solution is to wear diapers. :arrow:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Dragnet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2018, 6:15 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
That's just plain evil! :evil: What if you had an emergency because you drank too many liquids, you're sick or you have a lot of fiber in your diet and, you had no money to go? 8O

+1

Up next, lets put washing your hands on the dollar menu :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2018, 6:20 pm

Dragnet wrote:
lostonearth35 wrote:

+1

Up next, lets put washing your hands on the dollar menu :)
I just wouldn't wash my hands or I'd use a hand sanitizer.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2018, 7:33 pm

I think they're a stupid idea. What about people who are incontinent and they don't have the right change to pay for a toilet. That would royally piss me off, because I'm one of those gross, incontinent people that your great grandma warned you about.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2018, 1:01 am

SaveFerris wrote:
I know someone who uses one at night , it's called a Shewee but you don't insert it 8O can you imagine how painful that would be

I use a Sheewee when I am kayaking. I am usually wearing a drysuit so peeing is a bit awkward. You can get women's drysuits with a drop seat but I still find that a bit of a faff so I use a men's drysuit with a relief zipper and a Sheewee. It makes life much easier. I think I'll pass on trying to insert it though :lol:.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2018, 9:04 am

lostonearth35 wrote:

If you’re on someone else’s property, that’s your problem, not theirs. Maybe you shouldn’t be there in the first place if you’re not ready to take the responsibility to abide by their rules. The only evil thing here is to force the owner of the place to provide a service to you against their will, let alone to provide it free of charge.

lostonearth35 wrote:

Serves you well.

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I can understand that it takes money to build, maintain, and keep a public toilet running, but on the other hand, what are you supposed to do if you urgently need to go and don't have any change for it?

Don’t go there in the first place without having double- and triple-checked that you do indeed have the change at the ready?

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Urinals were free, so if men only had to pee, they didn't have to pay. Women didn't have that option.

So that’s what I was missing. Well, they’d only have to charge for access to the urinals and the discrimination would be gone.

On the other hand, private business owners should be allowed to discriminate however they like. I’d expect those who discriminate too much to go out of business and the situation to correct itself, but, anyway, what if they want to cater to a male chauvinistic clientele? If there are enough men able and willing to pay for a place faithful to the Good Old Days, where any women who dare venture are purposely made as uncomfortable as possible and told to go back to the goddamn kitchen, the government has no business telling the owner they can’t provide that service. Hey, noöne’s being stopped from opening a place across the street where only men are charged for using the toilets, and they’re made as uncomfortable as possible, too, and constantly reminded what kind of disgusting pigs they are :mrgreen:

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2018, 11:16 am

Maybe houses should go back to having outhouses in their backyards and be required to allow anyone nearby who needs to go access to the outhouse. People would say if businesses are required to provide public restrooms free of charge, why not private residences?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2018, 11:19 am

We could just sh!t where we're not supposed to like on the store floors & hope that the businesses get the message & decide to do away with the fees.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2018, 11:37 am

nick007 wrote:
We could just sh!t where we're not supposed to like on the store floors & hope that the businesses get the message & decide to do away with the fees.

Well, random passersby could also just break into your home and sh!t on your dinner table, and hope that you get the message and decide to do away with any pesky walls or doors preventing them from using your toilet whenever they want, with no fees, of course :D

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 11:03 am

There ain’t no such thing as a free s**t!

NewTime
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 11:35 am

Spiderpig wrote:
There ain’t no such thing as a free s**t!

That means there is such a thing. Two negatives make a positive.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 12:07 pm

Title text: “I literally could care less.”

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 12:31 pm

Next thing you know, you'll have to pay for parking downtown.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 12:42 pm

We pay through the nose for parking in downtown Manhattan!