Page 14 of 14 [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2018, 3:41 pm

Peacesells wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Does incel just mean people who are involuntarily celibate or only these psychos who wanna go out and kill people? In the former case I would tell most of the people on this thread to f**k off.

It was discussed & agreed upon a few times over in this thread that it refers to the violence, rape, and murder promoting psychos - not to people who simply don't have sex involuntarily.

That may be the case but the labels used here are pretty broad. I am not sure if the word "incel" refers only to the specific psychos or just to people who experience involuntary celibacy, as the name itself would seem to suggest.

..that's why it was discussed and agreed upon that in this thread specifically, and likely on this forum now, it refers to the psychos.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2018, 3:51 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
..that's why it was discussed and agreed upon that in this thread specifically, and likely on this forum now, it refers to the psychos.

I see. I am not sure that I agree with that but thanks for the info.

SSJ4_PrestonGarvey
Toucan
Toucan

04 Jun 2018, 8:38 pm

Peacesells wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I see. I am not sure that I agree with that but thanks for the info.

I was surprised too but read the entire thread and now I understand everybody's reasoning.

Really the best thing would be if the term would refer clearly and exclusively to the bad guys instead of being a gray area and therefore carrying an implication of someone being a psycho whenever the term is used. Rather than conflating the two groups I feel it would be better if there is clear distinction, perhaps by referring only to the insane psychos with the term "Incel" and referring to those who are simply suffering from involuntary celibacy but have no hostile/insane/evil tendencies as "involuntary celibate" so basically implying no further qualities good or bad other than being turned down for dates or else being too shy to ask.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 4:13 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
Does incel just mean people who are involuntarily celibate or only these psychos who wanna go out and kill people? In the former case I would tell most of the people on this thread to f**k off.

It was discussed & agreed upon a few times over in this thread that it refers to the violence, rape, and murder promoting psychos - not to people who simply don't have sex involuntarily.

That may be the case but the labels used here are pretty broad. I am not sure if the word "incel" refers only to the specific psychos or just to people who experience involuntary celibacy, as the name itself would seem to suggest.

But the problem is, that some users here - are talking all the time of “parrallels” between some male users’ complains here and those psycho incels.
So they are clearly associating normal involuntary celibates to those “incels”.

This is something that been happening lately here and it just happed yesterday before mod intervension. And I bet it will happen again.

The same “ISIS are Muslims so all Muslims are potential terrorists” logic is being applied here by some here, as I expected.
People are so predictable.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 09 Jun 2018, 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 4:28 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Peacesells wrote:

But the problem is, that some usrers here - are talking all the time of “parrallels” between some male users’ complains here and those psycho incels.
So they are clearly associating normal involuntary celibates to those “incels”.

This is something that been happening lately here and it just happed yesterday before mod intervension. And I bet it will happen again.

The same “ISIS are Muslims so all Muslims are potential terrorists” logic is being applied here by some here, as I expected.
People are so predictable.

I noticed that and called out the bad behaviour as soon as I saw it, before there was moderator intervention.

But that doesn't mean that people don't understand the difference between the two definitions, IMO. It just means that they're ignoring it and choosing to project the Incel definition onto regular lonely guys. That one poster in particular seems to be fixated on it because she lives near where the van attack took place.. making her more paranoid about it since the event caused some possible PTSD & a special interest fixation on researching Incels. Hopefully that's just a one off case of someone overreacting.

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 5:11 am

Yeah, and I'd like everyone to report if such instances reoccur since I don't think any of such guys here would hurt a fly, least of all kill someone. And they need support and not another trauma.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2018, 1:58 am

it was basically another repeat of George Sodini and Elliot Rodger when this incident happened.