Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2018, 12:50 am

Do anyone get daily anxiety?

banana247
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Apr 2018, 1:51 am

I don't have general anxiety, only social anxiety, so it's circumstantial for me. Sometimes i'm anxious just thinking about social situations, but usually it happens during them, prepping for them, or anticipating them. Staying home often = problem solved, but sometimes the FOMO gets me anxiety too. Ha :cry: :? 8O

I guess I do experience it every day in some form, but it's just not always super escalated. I have anxiety every time I get a text message, phone call, facebook message, and/or have to send one or reply to one, so including work stuff, that's every day. I think I'm so used to it that i don't really notice it specifically, but it's still unpleasant and sometimes it's worse that others.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2018, 3:36 am

banana247 wrote:
I don't have general anxiety, only social anxiety, so it's circumstantial for me. Sometimes i'm anxious just thinking about social situations, but usually it happens during them, prepping for them, or anticipating them. Staying home often = problem solved, but sometimes the FOMO gets me anxiety too. Ha :cry: :? 8O

I guess I do experience it every day in some form, but it's just not always super escalated. I have anxiety every time I get a text message, phone call, facebook message, and/or have to send one or reply to one, so including work stuff, that's every day. I think I'm so used to it that i don't really notice it specifically, but it's still unpleasant and sometimes it's worse that others.

This. Exactly this.

I hate it.

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm

Yes, I have it pretty much all the time. Social and stress pressures make it worse, but it's always there to some degree.

Tirips
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Apr 2018, 8:07 pm

Yes, all day, everyday. "Anxiety" should be my middle name lol
On a serious note, throughout the day it's always there, but it varies depending on the time of day, or what I'm currently doing. Anything outside the house like grocery shopping, gym, etc is extremely hard for me to do. But at home it's easier to manage

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2018, 10:22 pm

I get a little anxiety everyday, but I think the sun in my living room & I have a sliding door in my kitchen, the morning sun is the worst, I don’t get anxiety,but I get hot & the sun makes my stomach a little sick. I can get anxiety walking around my apartment, I think the sun is the problem, the sun makes things worse for me, I have two windows in my living room, but not all the sun is toooo bright for me, I wish I could do something to block it. My gut feeling telling me it’s the sun. That why I get anxiety when I clean.

Rustifer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 May 2018, 12:42 am

I think partially it is to do with the fact that modern society is built around consumerism and consumerism is facilitated by propaganda (advertising) designed to make people anxious.

That's a very simplistic analysis but I know that for myself, getting rid of television has helped ease off some of the anxiety buildup. The only caveat is that when I go to someone's place and they have their TV on, I can't help but want to make sarcastic remarks about what crap is on it. It's just so obnoxious and feels even moreso when not used to it, so I have to watch my reactivity.

xatrix26
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2018, 4:43 am

Every hour of every day without fail unfortunately. I have several different neuroses contributing to anxiety as well as having Asperger's Syndrome and being Autistic. My therapist has my current anxiety status classified as "inconceivable."

I had a heart attack 8 years ago when I was 34 years old due to Autistic burnout which is what happens when your anxiety gets out of control.

ADHD, OCD, and PTSD.

Keep calm and stim away. ;)

quincium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 May 2018, 3:06 pm

I have general, social, and food-related anxiety almost all the time if not using medical MJ.

JT_
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 May 2018, 3:24 pm

The majority of mine is to do with work, although I do seem to find that whatever I get anxious about normally turns out pretty well.

RAADS-R: 170

Canadian Penguin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 May 2018, 10:46 pm

I've S.A.D and G.A.D, so yes.

Tonight has been particularly bad. That feeling of everything closing in around you. Obviously, it's not actually happening, but my brain doesn't know that. Though I guess it does. Damn you, brain! *shake tiny fist*

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2018, 9:43 pm

banana247 wrote:

What is FOMO? I get anxiety talking to my sister.

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 May 2018, 10:56 pm

I was actually diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. Used to get panic attacks every dau, until I took meds for it, now it is only when sonething seeious happens.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 5:19 am

YES! It's miserable. Phone calls, text messages, snail mail, people at work or church.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 5:27 am

all the time, it dominates my life sadly

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 11:42 am

banana247 wrote:

I wouldn't bother being anxious. I used to get social anxiety until I realised how twisted humans were. Some examples:

If you make a mistake you could just go "oh, I am sorry, let me see if I can sort the problem out an find a solution".

In my experience the expected response is to hate yourself and beat yourself up, even though its a completely irrational and useless response to the situation.

If you fail at something you are expected to see yourself as a failure and beat yourself up. Whereas again, you could just say..."oh I found a method that did not work, lets try a different one"

I am expected to hate myself by people because they keep insisting my gut issues, brain fog and daytime sleepiness is anxiety and depression. Thing is my said gut issues etc have no connection to my mood, my emotional state or my belief system.

They are not able to understand this.

Therefore they are clearly backwards and not worth being nervous of. One day you will realise how idiot the majority of humans really are.

Oh and another example, i eat gluten free and dairy free as these foods make me sick and make my gut issues worse. They can't understand this and still keep insisting it must be anxiety, depression and aspergers. When I say I don't mind not eating gluten and dairy they won't believe me insisting it must be terrible or aweful or some s**t.

Thing is there are plenty of nice foods on the planet that don't contain gluten and dairy and are perfectly nice to eat. Not being able to eat gluten and dairy is not the end of the world and I'd rather spend my time thinking about and enjoying all the wonderful foods I can consume and which won't make me sick. I have also used to the experience to try new foods I never would have tried otherwise. It's been a wonderful new adventure.

Instead I'm expected to think how awful it is and to upset myself unnecessarily, then im supposed to put up with their consolations for this unnecessary upset and thank them for it.

Look they clearly have something wrong with them. Just because something is the norm that does not mean its beneficial for the general population or even right or wrong or good or bad. It just means its the norm. Even the norm can be full of BS..just look at historical events like the witchcraft trials.

Yes sures, humans can turn into cats or suckle familiars with their third teet and swear at someone causing them to have as stroke...ummmmmmm

The normals are nuts! but insanity has become normal so they can't see they are both irrational and insane. They think its normal becuase the majority of humans on this planet lack understanding or are irrational by nature, overly driven by their emotions (yes emotions are fine but not when the dominate all the time...sometimes an emotional response is needed, sometimes a logical one and so on and so forth)...

Unfortunately we are living in the real life version of the movie 'Idiocracy'.