Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 May 2018, 6:50 am

Anyone else get this?

Bane of my life. It's like a massive gamble every time i want to eat some fruit. Always had really bad stomach ache after eating apples when i was a kid. Love apples, but would hardly ever eat them. Always wondered how other people coped eating them too. Then about 5/6yrs ago I was eating a pear and it pretty much floored me. I was in so much pain for hours. Thats when i decided to look further into it and discovered this wonderful thing called fructose malabsorption.

Since then i've been trying to keep track of which fruits affect me.

Those that do;
Apples, pears, peaches, grapes (in large quantities), plums

Those that don't;
Banana's, oranges (and of same family), blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, melons

Not yet discovered;
mango (will find out very shortly as I've just eaten 140g worth), apricots, cherries (cant think of anything else).

Even fruit juice containing apples juice floors me. It's so bad! It feels like my stomach weighs a ton and i get so thirsty and feel like drinking lots, but the more i drink the worse it gets because it's only adding to my ever expanding stomach!

I swear it's gotten worse with age too :(

Stunning Images On T-Shirts, Homeware and More!!

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2018, 6:59 am

Mango would likely give you similar reactions, as mango has higher fructose content than any other fruit.

Bananas have very low fructose content, especially when properly ripe.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 May 2018, 3:48 am

Well, mango can go on the ok list :) I did not suffer!!

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 4:24 am

jon85 wrote:
Well, mango can go on the ok list :) I did not suffer!!

Then it is not the fructose.

jon85
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 May 2018, 8:58 am

So what would it be then if it's not the fructose? :?

What do apples, pears and peaches have that banana's, oranges and mangoes dont? :?:

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2018, 9:04 am

jon85 wrote:
So what would it be then if it's not the fructose? :?

What do apples, pears and peaches have that banana's, oranges and mangoes dont? :?:

I am not sure, but mangoes beat apples, pears and peaches on the fructose content, so it obviously can't be the fructose.

leahbear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

MissBigM
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 May 2018, 5:03 am

I become bloated from apples, pears, watermelon and underipe bananas just feel like concrete in my stomach. Oranges and cherries and ripe bananas dont bother me.