Page 1 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DarthMetaKnight
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 11:17 am

In this thread, we talk about animals that we saw today.

Today, I went outside and I saw a chipmunk chattering loudly in a tree. I'm not exactly sure what it was chattering about. It may have been a territorial warning to other chipmunks.

I also saw two sparrows fighting. That was the main thing that inspired me to make this thread. One grabbed the other in its talons. Then, the two of them flew up into the air fairly close to each other. Then, one grabbed the other and they started tumbling about in midair. They may have been fighting over a mate.

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

leahbear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 May 2018, 1:31 pm

I saw a couple of humpback whales last night close to sunset. We had 3 red-breasted sapsuckers in our cherry tree a few days ago and I saw a golden-crowned sparrow for the first time in our greengage tree yesterday. The crows have been chasing the ravens around lately and the ravens have been chasing the eagles around lately too. I can hear song sparrows and pacific-slope flycatchers.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 3:36 pm

I was sitting at a table outside waiting for my mom to pick me up after work, and I got to watch a jumping spider wander around the other side of the table. Occasionally it would stop and raise its mouthparts a few times before moving on. It headed toward me once, and waved its front legs and mouthparts at me for a little bit before wandering off again.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Last edited by dragonsanddemons on 07 May 2018, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 4:56 pm

Feral cats

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 5:34 pm

Well yesterday I saw a large hawk or eagle sitting on a fence near a gas-station...I couldn't get a good look at it because me and my boyfriend were just driving by, we didn't stop there. It was very large though, perhaps a golden eagle because I know those can get really big.

D6515
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 May 2018, 3:08 pm

This is a wonderful idea for a thread. :D

Today I've only seen two animals (non-human ones, anyway): one of my two cats trying to get into my bedroom before I left for work this morning, and a large, black and white tuxedo cat (whom I often see on my travels) roaming around in the street.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 5:00 pm

I saw a pair of pigeons on the way home from work.

I saw one of my feral kitties this morning.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 5:07 pm

My two cats (as usual), and at the pet shop I saw some baby guinea pigs, a very fluffy hamster and some cats. One of them was a big, fluffy calico cat who was around 11-13 years old, another was younger-looking white cat playing with toys, and another was an older cat sleeping or hiding inside a box. And I also saw two small dogs. They weren't from the pet store, they were being given obedience lessons, I think.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 5:25 pm

Almost every day, I will see squirrels.

Now that the weather is warming, this week I have seen some of the regulars coming back out, including the turkeys who live in the woods, the bunnies who live in the bushes (I gave them an old apple), and the crows who sometimes visit.

There are also some nesting robins and a cardinal, but I haven't seen them since last week.

Geese live in a park around the block, but I don't know if they've come home yet.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 8:08 pm

Lots of birds at the feeder,black snake,a young rabbit one of the dogs flushed out of the grass,crow and a toad.

komamanga
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 2:44 am

A few pheasants

Chelsie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 May 2018, 4:00 am

I always see dogs around here including my own.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 9:39 am

As always, two of my feral cats-they are a mother and son pair. The mom is a tabby with white stocking feet, while the son is a big, fluffy, gray-blue cat.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 4:16 pm

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Geese live in a park around the block, but I don't know if they've come home yet.

Update: saw a few of them last night.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 4:33 pm

I saw a woodchuck in our yard. We call him Charles (my brother came up with the name, he said it sounded more sophisticated), and the yards in our neighborhood is his home. He would stop by every so often, and whenever my husband and I see him, we say hello to him.

I also saw two black birds today.

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2018, 4:41 pm

lots of p**** (lame cat joke)