Latin 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Blues 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No preference 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 17

CEQ002
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 May 2018, 5:53 pm

Hi all, I'm new here save for two replies to posts. I have a huge love for music, whether it be listening to it or performing it on guitar. My favorite genre is electronic but I will listen to almost anything. My favorite artist is Hardwell (a popular Dutch DJ). Tell me who your favorite artists are and I (and others, hopefully) will be happy to listen to them - as long as most if not all of their music is clean; I don't like explicit stuff. If you listen to my music, I'll listen to yours. :heart: Feel free to add your favorite song by that artist too.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 6:40 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2018, 6:43 pm

Hi! Welcome, I like music but I don't know how to talk about it. I have a hard time fitting them in genres. My favorite artist is Regina Spektor. I mostly identify the songs I like as storytelling songs.

Here a fun song from Regina

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 11:19 am

I love music too. One of my favorite bands is Haken, which is a British progressive metal band. I had the plasure of discovering them back in 2014 by complete chance, and I've also seen them live three times. They're absolutely killer both on record and live. Here's a sample of their work:

Also, welcome to WP. c:

grahambaster
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2018, 11:20 am

Hello I am a music fan that loves music! I listen mostly to Japanese subculture/indie music including shibuya-kei/twee, vocaloid, denpa & touhou. I like the sound of voice but prefer foreign language or instrumental music without literal understanding of word meaning. In the past I listened a lot to nordic roots music, also 80's hardcore (i'm 50+ lol). In the nineties when I heard Komeda's Genius of Komeda I felt as if I had been waiting my whole life to hear that music.

As a teenager I despised commercial radio and wanted to make a pirate radio station. In 2009 I discovered that making an internet radio station was simple and inexpensive and that you could broadcast worldwide and I went all in with 300 songs. Today I have 3778 songs and over 1600 artists in rotation @ Friends Forever Internet Radio (I don't think I can post links although link in profile)

:D :heart: :(

quincium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 May 2018, 11:38 am

Hello and welcome. Music is my fave art form, hands-down. My fave bands are probably R.E.M. and TMBG with honorable mentions to Justice and Pink Floyd, but I also love other genres like jazz and baroque/classical/impressionism.

DocteurDEVO7
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 May 2018, 8:42 pm

quincium wrote:
My fave bands are probably R.E.M. and TMBG

I love TMBG too! What's your favorite song by them? I like Ana Ng a lot.

Anyways back to the op, hi! I love talking about music too. My favorite genre is oldies and new wave/alternative.
My favorite artists are Billy Joel, Simon & Garfunkel, They Might Be Giants, Devo and The Buggles. I've seen Billy Joel and Art Garfunkel in concert too. :D

Biskit69
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 May 2018, 5:00 pm

I love hip hop, hardcore punk, thrash metal, etc. Most of the music I listen to is explicit. My favorite artist is Wu Tang Clan. Not clean at all :lol:. I also like EDM too, my favorite is Daft Punk

ASNerd

22 May 2018, 10:24 am

Biskit69 wrote:
I love hip hop, hardcore punk, thrash metal, etc. Most of the music I listen to is explicit. My favorite artist is Wu Tang Clan. Not clean at all :lol:.

I love hip hop too. Wu Tang Clan is good, but I don't have one favorite artist. Have you seen Hip Hop Evolution on Netflix? It's very good and explains the origins of hip hop in the 1970s till the 1990s.

Biskit69
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2018, 8:20 pm

ASNerd wrote:
Biskit69 wrote:
I love hip hop, hardcore punk, thrash metal, etc. Most of the music I listen to is explicit. My favorite artist is Wu Tang Clan. Not clean at all :lol:.

I love hip hop too. Wu Tang Clan is good, but I don't have one favorite artist. Have you seen Hip Hop Evolution on Netflix? It's very good and explains the origins of hip hop in the 1970s till the 1990s.

I haven't seen it but it sounds very interesting, so I'll check it out. I'm very interested in the hip hop evolution)

spine
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Jun 2018, 3:02 am

I’ve been plucking away at an old guitar I stole found in an attic and I adore it. Recently picked up some instructional books at a thrift store so maybe I’ll actually learn something.

I usually tell people I like country or rock the most, but deep down it’s emo. It’s always emo.

Conner42
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jun 2018, 3:44 am

Hello! I listened to a bit of Hardwell. If you like this style of music, I think you would like this.

I listen to a lot of K-pop because they cover a lot of different genres and they like to fuse a lot of them seamlessly together. Number 9 by T-ara has some characteristics from Electronic music but they also still heavily emphasize melodies and riffs.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2018, 3:31 pm

CEQ002 wrote:
If you listen to my music, I'll listen to yours. :heart:

Music you've written, or just music you like?

GreekAmongRomans
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2018, 6:37 pm

I personally listen to a mix of rock and electronic, but I'm also experimenting a bit right now in my taste.

A lot of my taste comes from the Internet and video game soundtracks, especially the kind from square enix RPGs that mix metal and orchestral music that produce amazing melodies. But I also like more chill genres. I've recently gotten into lo-fi hip hop and become increasingly interested in piano music.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 12:22 pm

Welcome CEQ002!

I like Pop, Classical, Rock, everything really, very open-minded.

You picked a great topic!