what phone do you have & why do you like it?

Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

_lilac
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 May 2018, 5:55 am

i love seeing what phones people have and how they customise it! so, what phone do you have and why do you like it? screenshots + photos appreciated ☆

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 6:19 am

I have a Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

Just kidding , I actually have a beat up iPhone 4S , no customisation , no case , no screen protector

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2018, 6:54 am

I have a pretty basic not-particularly-smart-phone. I like it because it was cheap and nobody will ever want to steal it. I have customised it extensively by changing the picture on the lock screen. :roll:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 7:07 am

iPhone 5
Can't say I particularly like it, as the battery lasts all of 5 minutes, but I do have a sexy anime character sprawled out and smoking a cigarette on the home screen.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 9:26 am

Super cheap Nokia pay-as-you-go that does voice calls and texts only. I grew up when there were no mobile phones and I just don't like them in general; I have one out of necessity rather than preference. So I just got the cheapest one I could as it meets my needs and I don't need to worry too much about losing it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 May 2018, 1:20 pm

I'm still using a Droid 4 because I need the physical keypad. I also have an extended battery in it. Lots of sites have problems lading with it thou cuz of how old it is.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

quincium
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 May 2018, 1:28 pm

Cool topic. I have an LG Fiesta from Walmart running monthly prepaid plans, I like it because it was relatively inexpensive (~$100), it has a large screen, the most recent version of Android available at the time (7.0), a quite big battery, and a decent camera. I'd share a pic but my fiance has it rn.. and no case because I lost my job before I bought one. :(

lostxprophit
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2018, 2:00 pm

Samsung Galaxy S7; got it the beginning of February as an upgrade from my Grand Prime; bought a case (Otterbox Commute, Red, was only $25) and screen protector (Blackweb Tempered Glass) for it a few weeks ago

I love it; plus, NO MORE HAVING TO DELETE APPS TO UPDATE OTHER ONES, HOLY CHRIST ON A CRUTCH that was my biggest peeve about my old phone

8GB Internal Storage vs 32GB Internal Storage is night n day

Plus I'm pretty excited for Android Oreo; some people have stated their dislike for it compared to Nougat

I stuck a Custom ROM and Rooted on my old phone for funsies

Did the same to my S7 (Rooting, no custom ROM) which disabled the use of Android & Samsung Pay; doesn't bother me any as it's just a gimmick for the lazy imo, and it only uses Credit Cards from what I can tell so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Self Diagnosed

No longer Active on here; I have moved to AutisimForums/AspieCentral under the username Isadoorian

B19
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2018, 7:21 pm

I was given a new Alcatel One Touch smartphone, which is an appalling phone, so bad that if I listed all its shortcomings it would take hours. The so called manual it came with is truly appalling, no useful information and printed in very light grey tiny tiny print. Will exclude any reader who does not have perfect or vastly superior vision, which is most of us.

There are very few smartphones that are senior friendly, but there is a real market opportunity there for a point of difference entrepreneur. Older people have a thicker fingertips (age widens fingers and feet). Many smart phones have a text keyboard and too small, cramped together icons which are suitable only for matchstick fingers. (This affects some younger people too).

Senior members, have you found some or any senior friendly phones you find very user friendly?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 May 2018, 4:30 am

B19 wrote:
Older people have a thicker fingertips (age widens fingers and feet). Many smart phones have a text keyboard and too small, cramped together icons which are suitable only for matchstick fingers. (This affects some younger people too).
Have you tried using a stylus like it was a tablet :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

B19
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2018, 1:20 pm

I haven't - no experience of a tablet. Seems to me there is a gap in the market for senior friendly phones though.

_lilac
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 May 2018, 8:02 am

nick007 wrote:
I'm still using a Droid 4 because I need the physical keypad. I also have an extended battery in it. Lots of sites have problems lading with it thou cuz of how old it is.

wow I love physical keyboards!

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 2:05 am

I have iPhone 6, I don’t download too many apps like other people to, I used 17 GB out of 32 GB. iPhone have a new phone, iPhone 8, in a few years, we will have iPhone 30.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 2:12 am

Motorola/Google Nexus 6. I like having custom builds of Android & it's on 8.1. Not a real fan of the device but the front stereo speakers are nice. So is the name from Blade Runner

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

neilson_wheels
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 3:38 am

I have an indestructible dumb phone, i don't care what it is, it just works when I need it, which is pretty rare.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 4:45 am

I have an HTC U11, looks just like this picture:

Sorry, that's not a real image link. You'll have to click here to see it on Google.

I bought it directly from HTC for $US550. I had to buy it because my old LG G3 (which I had for 3.5 years) died, probably because I had allowed it to get overheated.

I really like this phone, in particular I've dropped it on the pavement more than once without any external damage.