Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kicker
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 May 2018, 2:58 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Much ado about nothing.

Half of what you're saying are statements like this.

"I never get anything out of WP, never mind the fact that I never put anything IN to WP to earn getting anything out of it...boo friggin hoo.".

The other half are complaints about how shocked you were to learn that folks on WP are human beings who jockey for popularilty, and that we are attached to our opinons/beliefs, like any other group of humans online or off. STOP THE PRESSES! So you noticed that we aren't robots. Wow.

Though that one thing is interesting. Didn't realize that you were the one who posted that thing about the Atomic Clock. That was in the "News and Current Events" subforum, as I recall. I was the one person who applauded you and the Atomic Scientists for moving the clock up. Everyone else on that thread ( including both left leaners and rightwingnuts) got all irrational, and went apeshit and threw monkey dung at you, and at the Atomic Science group. You DO have my sympathy about that chapter.

But I don't see how the PPR is "uniform" in beliefs. Seems very polarized to me.

This would be funny if it wasn't utterly asinine. Who am I kidding it's funny for being asinine.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2018, 3:45 pm

I find PPR to be polarized. I don't know if this is due to black and white thinking or because this site has so many Americans (sorry, I don't mean all of you). Despite being interested and happy to debate almost any subject I rarely go there because it turns into a competition rather than a debate.

This is the only place where I interact with other people on the spectrum and while there are a lot of differences I appreciate that I can mention things like my obsessive behavour or always being single without having to explain these things or people thinking I'm making it up because they can't imagine someone being so pathetic (as they see it).

It would be interesting to try out your idea on feelers for special interests. I have made a few interest connections but mine are fairly general, history and writing. It still took quite a while and a lot of posting.

shyteddy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2018, 5:29 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Much ado about nothing.

Half of what you're saying are statements like this.

"I never get anything out of WP, never mind the fact that I never put anything IN to WP to earn getting anything out of it...boo friggin hoo.".

The other half are complaints about how shocked you were to learn that folks on WP are human beings who jockey for popularilty, and that we are attached to our opinons/beliefs, like any other group of humans online or off. STOP THE PRESSES! So you noticed that we aren't robots. Wow.

Admittedly I don't get much fame from posting in WP but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it. The few times I've posted it was always immensely satisfying to receive others responses (positive or negative) and so I've committed to posting more in the coming weeks. I don't despise this website; I simply find that as an aggregate the community at WP functions identically to an NT community in terms of its objectives and methods of socializing (with a sole exception on discussions concerning life experiences with autism, obviously) and because of this the same hurdles and banalities that come through socializing with NTs are also manifest; and so I can't relate to other Aspies any better than NTs in that regard. I feel that a community of autistic people should focus on cultivating ideas and building relationships centred around special interests and passions. However, by the layout of this site (namely, a forum where every post is vying for coverage) it's made strenuous to do so if your passions happen to lie on the fringes of normalcy.

Regardless, I'll continue to use WP and enjoy it in the future, as well as sharing my experiences with autism and advice, even if my special interests receive no coverage, and no friendships can materialize therefrom.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 5:27 am

I wonder if putting special interests in signature would make it easier to connect.

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2018, 8:58 pm

Its not hard to chat with people on this site. Just find an interest and start talking :P