Veteran

13 May 2018, 6:40 pm

R. I. P. Your Job

READ THIS -> https://represent.us/

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2018, 6:22 pm

Robots won't destroy my job. As a software tester, I could easily adapt to testing robot software. More robots means more work for me.

jikijiki53
Raven
Raven

05 Jun 2018, 3:50 pm

I think all IT jobs, in general, wouldn't get replaced by robots just because we need those people to keep the robots going.

It's really the people who would need to keep the robots going:

Programmers - to make the AI code and update the code when needed.
Network Admins - to keep communications going by sending data traffic back and forth.
Computer or Robotic Repair Technician - self-explanatory
Ethical Hackers - to make sure they keep the robots secured and to keep evil hackers from not turning them into evil robots (Sci-Fi ik)
Software Tester - as Retro mentioned.

grindfish
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jun 2018, 10:05 pm

The current trend of AI development as an absolute mind in a society that has not evolved past central dependency of resources and labor is pure dystopia.

AI however is not defined by this approach, and it is crucial that the development of AI remains attainable by independent researchers. AI structured as a relativistic fractal network could augment human evolution into a star trek like reality in less than 50 years, and this requires civilization to decouple from centralized systems.

AI could actually teach us to be more human, right now the monetary interests in AI are motivated by cutting humans out of the deal and maintaining absolute control of economic function. Its a doomed approach that will render even those that benefit from it now as redundant. I mean, we've got companies and government agencies already toying with weaponized AI, its insane and it doesn't take much of a leap of imagination to see how this converges into a skynet like scenario.

Asimov's Three Laws of Robotic guys, come on, you cant tell me these companies and agencies aren't aware that they blatantly ignore the obvious dangers of a totalist AI with access to weapons.

Where i see hope for humanity is a leveling in the playing field for those that can leverage AI as a restive force to centralized control of humanity. I wholly believe theres enough clever people out there that can develop the code and access the ever increasing availability of computational hardware (just look at the current state of FPGA's for example, very powerful tools for a new era of computing) to combat the monolithic approach to information technology.

Just consider this, today i could pick up an inexpensive 3d printer and program an AI that could discover industrial designs far beyond what i could design by my own and replace many flawed commercial products that cost more than the equipment and materials i need to replace them. This technology will get to the point that leaps in technological discoveries can happen in garages and basements all around the world despite the interference of government regulation and corporate dominance. Today we print in plastics, tomorrow we print molecular structures. Today AI can book a hair appointment, tomorrow AI can design the most optimal route for human to human resource trade that negates all current economic structures. For every oppressive technology that aims to dis-empower the individual, there is equally greater access to that same technology into the hands of the willing individual.

Viva La Cyber-Revolution :D