Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

B19
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 4:55 pm

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/scie ... 51751.html

Interesting read, it's a fascinating speculation. The art was more advanced than I have seen from that era before.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 5:41 pm

So Autism was the first stage in evolution, not the next. :D

:) You made me smile with that one APOM.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 5:51 pm

The cave artists probably had something "quirky" about them. Some of the art produced is actually excellent, and anatomically accurate. Mostly, animals were painted to such an extreme ability. One thing they didn't do as well: paint people.

It is possible, in my opinion, that artists were in a separate "caste" at times, and might have been exempt from the hunt without repercussions should they not be physically able to hunt. Just like shamans were (and are) in a separate caste from the "regular" people.

There are some decent sculptures of people from the Paleolithic----but nothing spectacular till you get to about the Neolithic period.

They, definitely, had talent in the visual art medium. Talent which I don't possess.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 5:59 pm

Being "neuro-diverse" in a small community setting would have greatly benefited early primates/proto-humans because the different gifts could be used to benefit these small communities and increase survival of the entire group. Fascinating artwork.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 6:09 pm

I believe the people who started agriculture, and domesticated at least some animals, probably had a special "gift."

Especially with agriculture, I believe it took somebody who was really immersed in it to make agriculture practicable. I believe there must have been many, many failures before ultimate success. Some of these "scientists," it can be speculated, had, say, domesticating wheat as a "special interest."

If one researches wild grains, and compares them to their domesticated counterparts, one would see a great difference. The original "maize/corn" was maybe an inch long at the most. Now, corns-on-the-cob can exceed one foot in length.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 6:15 pm

The whole process of human evolution to here depended on those who could make startling imaginative leaps. It surprises me constantly how few people ever do, on the whole.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 6:22 pm

The reason why this is so.....is because most people, by nature, do not want to "rock the boat."

They want to be esteemed by their peers. That is of paramount importance to many people I know.

If this means....seeming less intelligent, less creative than they actually are, so be it.

I've fallen victim to that to a certain extent.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 6:34 pm

This is one of my favourite quotes:

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 6:37 pm

^^^That process is mighty hard for most people.......that's really the rub.

That's why innovators should be extolled....because of what they had to endure in order to advance our species.

Without these folks going through what they went through, we'd still be making hand axes out of a flint core.

B19
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2018, 6:44 pm

So trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!