Just seeing if I got the avatar image thing right.

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2018
Posts: 870
Location: United Kingdom

16 May 2018, 10:45 pm

Techo-klutz avatar image experiment 1. :(

Techo-klutz avatar image experiment 2. :D


_________________
I reserve the right or is it left to at very least be wrong :)


Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2018
Posts: 870
Location: United Kingdom

17 May 2018, 3:52 am

What with being a new member, using website links or URLs (Uniform Resource Locators) is not permitted, for however long. Based though upon on previously having been metaphorically an 'Emu Egg', and having become now presently a 'Butterfly' ~ here is:

Techno-Klutz website link experiment 1. :D

http://www.degruyter.com/.../opar-2018-0016.pdf


_________________
I reserve the right or is it left to at very least be wrong :)


Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2018
Posts: 870
Location: United Kingdom

26 May 2018, 5:21 pm

A Techo-Klutz multiple quote experiment 1: :D

Deepthought 7 wrote:
Techo-klutz avatar image experiment 1. :(

Techo-klutz avatar image experiment 2. :D


Some comment/s about using avatar images.

Deepthought 7 wrote:
What with being a new member, using website links or URLs (Uniform Resource Locators) is not permitted, for however long. Based though upon on previously having been metaphorically an 'Emu Egg', and having become now presently a 'Butterfly' ~ here is:

Techno-Klutz website link experiment 1. :D

http://www.degruyter.com/.../opar-2018-0016.pdf


Some comment/s about using website links.

Thanks to:

nick007 wrote:
I open the thread in a new window, click quote over the 1st post I want & leave the page up. I then open the thread in a new window again & click quote over the next post I want. I copy what I want & then past it under what I quoted in the other page. I repeat the process if there's another post I want to copy in that thread.


From:

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/posting.php?mode=quote&f=13&p=7585830


_________________
I reserve the right or is it left to at very least be wrong :)


Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2018
Posts: 870
Location: United Kingdom

27 Apr 2020, 9:07 am

A Techno-klutz experiment to make a word into a link:

When [ u r l = h t t p s : / / e n . w i k i p e d i a . o r g / w i k i / E c o l o g y ] E c o l o g y [ / u r l ] is de-spaced and submitted / posted ~ the word Ecology becomes a link hopefully:

Ecology

It (all big and amazed) worked! :D


_________________
I reserve the right or is it left to at very least be wrong :)


Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2018
Posts: 870
Location: United Kingdom

27 Apr 2020, 12:05 pm

A technoklutz experiment to put a screenshot in this post:

[img]php38YdtsAM.jpg[/img] :(


_________________
I reserve the right or is it left to at very least be wrong :)


Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,996
Location: Wales,UK Relationship: Single Interests: Trains AgeGroup: 40's FavouriteColor: Green Music: CyndiLauper Pets: Cats and Ducks Feet: Two

27 Apr 2020, 12:30 pm

You've been deep in thought over this! Hehe.

I had a job smallerizing photos and Raleigh was able to do that for me.


_________________
Awaiting asessment. Neurodiverse 173/200. Neurotypical 21/200. Empathy 11/80. AQ 39.
Shutdown link: --》 Music I love: --》
Shutdown Experience similar to mine: --》


Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2018
Posts: 870
Location: United Kingdom

27 Apr 2020, 4:56 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
You've been deep in thought over this! Hehe.

I had a job smallerizing photos and Raleigh was able to do that for me.

I can get the images "smallerized" (I like your phraseology there) but I can not as yet find the image code for it to load.

With the avatar image on the site I used previously ~ the code is ready to copy and post once the image is data compressed, all very simple. Not so simple though when it came to doing a screen shot, as the code for it was not displayed under the image as was the case with the avatar image ~ but on a linked website that is no longer operational!?! :roll:

I tried a couple of image-shrink sites but downloading the image once "smallerized" to my device without any viable code seems to be the only available option thus far. :?

Technoklutz experiment to put an image in this post 2:

[img]recent:///553a414444ac2e4f34708a155ea7107a[/img] :(


_________________
I reserve the right or is it left to at very least be wrong :)


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 38,809

27 Apr 2020, 5:01 pm

Use postimage.org to get a link for WP.

If you use Mac you can smallerise and biggerise by putting the image on your desktop and opening it with Preview. Preview gives you a Tools menu with "Adjust size".



Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2018
Posts: 870
Location: United Kingdom

27 Apr 2020, 5:06 pm

Technoklutz experiment to load an image in this post 3:

Image :(


_________________
I reserve the right or is it left to at very least be wrong :)


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 38,809

27 Apr 2020, 5:09 pm

1. Save image on desktop and name it
2. Go to postimage.org and upload it
3. Select "do not resize this image", "for websites" OR "for message boards".
4. Copy paste the second link which is generated (Direct Link), onto WP
5. Highlight it and click image icon (mountains)
6. Voila



Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2018
Posts: 870
Location: United Kingdom

27 Apr 2020, 5:21 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
1. Save image on desktop and name it
2. Go to postimage.org and upload it
3. Select "do not resize this image", "for websites" OR "for message boards".
4. Copy paste the second link which is generated (Direct Link), onto WP
5. Highlight it and click image icon (mountains)
6. Voila

Technoklutz experiment number 4 to post an image in this post:

Image

:D


_________________
I reserve the right or is it left to at very least be wrong :)


Last edited by Deepthought 7 on 27 Apr 2020, 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 38,809

27 Apr 2020, 5:22 pm

If you can link me or send me the image I'd be happy to avatar-size it for you.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 38,809

27 Apr 2020, 5:22 pm

Deepthought 7 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
1. Save image on desktop and name it
2. Go to postimage.org and upload it
3. Select "do not resize this image", "for websites" OR "for message boards".
4. Copy paste the second link which is generated (Direct Link), onto WP
5. Highlight it and click image icon (mountains)
6. Voila

Technoklutz experiment number 3 to post an image in this post:

Image


:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:



Deepthought 7
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 May 2018
Posts: 870
Location: United Kingdom

27 Apr 2020, 5:58 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Deepthought 7 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
1. Save image on desktop and name it
2. Go to postimage.org and upload it
3. Select "do not resize this image", "for websites" OR "for message boards".
4. Copy paste the second link which is generated (Direct Link), onto WP
5. Highlight it and click image icon (mountains)
6. Voila

Technoklutz experiment number 3 to post an image in this post:

Image


:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

And lichenwise in return ~ :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: ~ as a thankyou for your assistance. :D


_________________
I reserve the right or is it left to at very least be wrong :)


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 38,809

27 Apr 2020, 6:03 pm

... and my thanks back in time to auntblabby, for teaching me!