Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 7:07 am

Congress can impeach (indict) him, though.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 12:19 pm

That is what most experts believe. There is nothing written in the constitution that specifically prohibits it and nobody has really tried to test it. During Watergate, the grand jury badly wanted to indict Nixon but was talked out of it by the special prosecutor. Instead, the grand jury named Nixon an unindicted co-conspirator.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 12:20 pm

I guess the real the question to Mueller should be if he could would he?

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 12:26 pm

HOLD THE PRESSES!

We have Giuliani's statement that Mueller's team told him that.

As many lies, corrected lies, and gross mischaracterizations as Giuliani told last week, before he got his (alternative) facts straight, why should we believe what he is saying now? I don't! I need to hear it directly from Mueller.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 12:33 pm

Impeachment is similar to an indictment by Congress. The case is then presented to the Senate for judgement. The punishment for a conviction is removal from office.

What I'm wondering is: could a normal prosecutor indict him after he is removed from office?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 1:13 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Impeachment is similar to an indictment by Congress. The case is then presented to the Senate for judgement. The punishment for a conviction is removal from office.

What I'm wondering is: could a normal prosecutor indict him after he is removed from office?

Yes. If Nixon could not be indicted after he left office there would have been no reason for Ford to pardon him.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2018, 4:39 pm

Articles of impeachment are effectively an indictment, so the House can "indict" a president in this way, and then the Senate can try him. This has happened twice of course, with Johnson and Clinton.

A president out of office could certainly be indicted, and that issue is going to be raised soon regarding Obama, as the criminality of his administration becomes more and more exposed and the first layer of underlings start going to jail.

There Are Four Lights!

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2018, 11:08 am

Sorry, impeached for what?

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2018, 4:19 am

JohnPowell wrote:
Sorry, impeached for what?

If Mueller is right, collusion with Russia to interfere with America's election to win the Presidency. Then there's the likelihood that Trump ,family, and team had used the White House to enrich themselves.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2018, 10:08 pm

Hahahahaha :lol:

The joke is over. Trump colluded with Israel if anything. It is not funny anymore.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 12:01 am

JohnPowell wrote:

The joke is over. Trump colluded with Israel if anything. It is not funny anymore.

No, Trump just sucks up to Israel to satisfy evangelical voters who think God will reward them for being kind to Israel by rapturing them naked up to heaven. That, and Netanyahu
knows how to manipulate Trump by stroking his ego. Otherwise, I don't see collusion with anyone but Russia.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 12:01 am

JohnPowell wrote:

No, Trump just sucks up to Israel to satisfy evangelical voters who think God will reward them for being kind to Israel by rapturing them naked up to heaven. That, and Netanyahu knows how to manipulate Trump by stroking his ego. Otherwise, I don't see collusion with anyone but Russia.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 3:37 pm

As ever, you are in denial. Trump has family ties to the Israeli Prime Minister and he endlessly puts Israel first. Netanyahu has slept in Kushner's bed!! ! The Embassy move hurts Palestinian Christians. The Iran deal had nothing to do with rich Christians in the US, it was for Israel. Bombing Syria was for Israel. All of these moves have been against the wishes of Russia and US allies have killed Russians. The US has sanctions on Russia and has expelled Russian diplomats. Wake up.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2018, 4:41 pm

JohnPowell wrote:
As ever, you are in denial. Trump has family ties to the Israeli Prime Minister and he endlessly puts Israel first. Netanyahu has slept in Kushner's bed!! ! The Embassy move hurts Palestinian Christians. The Iran deal had nothing to do with rich Christians in the US, it was for Israel. Bombing Syria was for Israel. All of these moves have been against the wishes of Russia and US allies have killed Russians. The US has sanctions on Russia and has expelled Russian diplomats. Wake up.

Trump has family ties to Netanyahu... because Netanyahu slept in Jared's bed? I guess he and Jared were doing more than sleeping!
:lol: :P