Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2018, 7:03 pm

Let's try to find some suspected autistic characters, starting with stacey petrie from the dick van dyke show.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

eeVenye
Raven
Raven

21 May 2018, 9:51 am

"Radar" O'Reilly, M*A*S*H

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 10:26 am

eeVenye wrote:
"Radar" O'Reilly, M*A*S*H

I really need to watch MASH. I've been meaning to.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2018, 11:07 am

Spock

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 3:38 pm

D.W. and Buster from Arthur
Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy and Pinkie-Pie from MLP: FiM

Trev038
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 May 2018, 12:56 pm

The bearded guy in The Hangover, though it might not be accidental... He's got loads of other issues though. He's not allowed anywhere near a school from what I remember they say about him in the first movie. And he's taking ADHD meds. The writers probably gave him a few conditions that they thought would make him funny. NB: I didn't dislike the movie, I even think I might have laughed a couple of times ;)

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2018, 1:04 pm

L and Near from death note

Light is more of a genius sociopath and mellow... im not sure, he is extremely impulsive tho.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 2:18 am

Leopold Stotch or Butters from South Park.

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2018, 4:31 am

Lenny from Mice and Men and Forest Gump

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 10:17 am

redbrick1 wrote:

Lenny!! ! that makes sense

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 11:16 am

Gallia wrote:
redbrick1 wrote:

I remember doing about Mice and Men at school, there was this kid in our class who had a support teacher and I overheard her saying "You know, Lennie kind of reminds me of you" to him.

The teachers weren't quite sure what this kid had, but he seemed to be displaying signs of some kind of undiagnosed disability.

Other kids used to tease him and tried to trick him on several occasions, but he never seemed to be bothered by it, mainly because he didn't seem to catch on to the fact that was happening. A few of us tried to warn him that others were using him, but he would refuse to believe it as he could not see the bad in others. He was exceptionally naive about the world, this unfortunately made him vulnerable to bullies. I noticed at the time that the other kids would speak to him as if he were much younger, whereas I would speak in my normal tone as I had been talked down to before and I know that can be a horrible feeling (people being condescending to you) so I thought he might also dislike it.

He didn't seem to mind, as he never asked others to stop using that tone or looked annoyed.

Plus, he had similar mannerisms to Lennie (Odd head movements, dragging his knuckles, peculiar voice and posture, etc). In fact, when I first saw the film I couldn't help but see the similarities in how the two presented. This post isn't me trying to be mean, since I'm not trying to make fun of him.

I once overheard a group of teachers speculating on what he could have (the kid, not Lennie), and one of them suggested anti-social personality disorder, but the rest of the teachers disagreed with that. Yes, I did a lot of eavesdropping in school. Don't judge me. :D

Anyway, I'm going off topic here. So in terms of characters, I've come across fan theories about Wybie from the film Coraline (2009) possibly being autistic.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 11:41 am

Ariel the Little Mermaid shows many aspie traits, because she wasn't interested in her own world, was obsessed with the human world, collected many things that once belonged to humans, and appeared to be better friends with animals instead of other merpeople. Of course, she was meant to be a rebellious, spunky teenager who just happens to be a mermaid.

Julia may be the first Muppet on Sesame street to officially be autistic, but I find several other Muppets to act as if they are aspie. Look at Bert, for crying out loud! He's basically the "nerd" who like collecting things Ernie and his other friends usually find boring, like paper clips and bottle caps, he loves pigeons, oatmeal, and basically anything considered dull and boring. Ernie also acts aspie but in different ways. He's like a man-child who plays with toys, his Rubber Duckie is his best friend (next to Bert, of course), doesn't seem to notice or care when he wants to play a game with Bert, but Bert isn't interested, at least at the moment. Ernie also likes to talk to Bert at night rather than just go to sleep.

Another Muppet is Boober from Fraggle Rock. He's a pessimistic worrywart, and is usually happiest when he's alone doing his laundry. He also has both a phobia and a fascination with germs and disease.

SZWell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2018, 6:19 pm

House from House MD, me if I were smart

Felt odd enough that the inventors of House would create the autistic doctor in "The good doctor" a few years later

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 11:51 am

Lost_dragon wrote:
Gallia wrote:
redbrick1 wrote:

I remember doing about Mice and Men at school, there was this kid in our class who had a support teacher and I overheard her saying "You know, Lennie kind of reminds me of you" to him.

The teachers weren't quite sure what this kid had, but he seemed to be displaying signs of some kind of undiagnosed disability.

Other kids used to tease him and tried to trick him on several occasions, but he never seemed to be bothered by it, mainly because he didn't seem to catch on to the fact that was happening. A few of us tried to warn him that others were using him, but he would refuse to believe it as he could not see the bad in others. He was exceptionally naive about the world, this unfortunately made him vulnerable to bullies. I noticed at the time that the other kids would speak to him as if he were much younger, whereas I would speak in my normal tone as I had been talked down to before and I know that can be a horrible feeling (people being condescending to you) so I thought he might also dislike it.

He didn't seem to mind, as he never asked others to stop using that tone or looked annoyed.

Plus, he had similar mannerisms to Lennie (Odd head movements, dragging his knuckles, peculiar voice and posture, etc). In fact, when I first saw the film I couldn't help but see the similarities in how the two presented. This post isn't me trying to be mean, since I'm not trying to make fun of him.

I once overheard a group of teachers speculating on what he could have (the kid, not Lennie), and one of them suggested anti-social personality disorder, but the rest of the teachers disagreed with that. Yes, I did a lot of eavesdropping in school. Don't judge me. :D

aw im so invested now - do you know how he is doing nowadays? he sounds so lovely, poor lad :(

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 6:29 pm

Gallia wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
Gallia wrote:
redbrick1 wrote:

aw im so invested now - do you know how he is doing nowadays? he sounds so lovely, poor lad :(

I haven't talked to him in years. (Since I moved away from the area, and we weren't that close so we decided not to keep in contact).

From what I've heard he works in a bar now, selling drinks.

zkg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2018, 6:59 pm

Cliff Clavin, the mailman on CHEERS, in which case the ritual abuse he gets from the regulars is kind of cruel.

Brainy Smurf.