Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2018, 4:36 am

SZWell wrote:
House from House MD, me if I were smart

Felt odd enough that the inventors of House would create the autistic doctor in "The good doctor" a few years later

House was in large parts based on Sherlock Holmes, who in turn was at least in parts on several real people contemporary with Doyle. There is certainly more than a few autistic traits trickling down, there.

Alirat
Raven
Raven

07 Sep 2018, 5:05 am

Abed from Community. I loved Abed and was gutted when Troy left the show and they tried to turn Abed into someone else. He was perfect they way he was. As a side note I saw Dan Harmon interviewed and talking about the character development of Abed and how he (Dan) came to recognise his own Asperger traits. This is from memory so please forgive me if I have misremembered that interview.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 146 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 58 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Heat844
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Sep 2018, 8:27 pm

1. Lt. Barkley from Star Trek: The Next Generation. He's so like me its uncanny.
2. Grissom from CSI.

delphirabbit
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Oct 2018, 10:50 am

Alirat wrote:
Abed from Community. I loved Abed and was gutted when Troy left the show and they tried to turn Abed into someone else. He was perfect they way he was. As a side note I saw Dan Harmon interviewed and talking about the character development of Abed and how he (Dan) came to recognise his own Asperger traits. This is from memory so please forgive me if I have misremembered that interview.

You're absolutely right! Here's the interview on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Emo-OT3RzQc

And I agree, Abed is definitely an autie/aspie character - and, I might add, one of the absolute finest. I love the way he has such a strong presence in the narratives and is often one step ahead of everyone else in terms of the story. For a show that is all about metafiction and self-reflection Abed becomes the most important character in there - and its all *because* of his autism than *despite* of it. So cleverly done. And yes, its sad when Troy leaves and things do go a bit downhill from there IMO. But it was so brilliant to see such a lovingly created 'bromance' between the two where autism is a boon rather than a 'hinderance' :D :heart:

Here to be in the wider world of autism. Fascinated in the link between autism and the fantastical genres. Delve in with me on YouTube: The Fantastic Autistic https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKFGHLYnAPrz_XGAodX8vAQ

Let's talk on Twitter: @Fantastic_Aut

Radiance in Dailiness :)

evilsithwraith666
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Oct 2018, 10:46 pm

Ray palmer aka “the atom” from ‘the legends of tomorrow’

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2018, 8:05 pm

Data (I liked him because he had a cat.)

Gallia
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2018, 5:49 pm

Edward from Cowboy Bebop!! !!