Dammit I probably should go to the dentist.

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2018, 12:37 am

Well I noticed one of my teeth looks like a chunk of enamel came off or something, like its chipped but not like all the way thorough there is an obvious layer of tooth underneath so seems like it must be the enamel layer or whatever. Of course I have to check on my medicaid status I am on SSI so I should be covered with medicaid but I should probably check first...I certainly cannot afford a dental bill out of pocket. And did get a letter that I may need to re-apply or update my info.

Aside from the financial concern, which I will just have to find out if medicaid will cover it...it also just makes me nervous like I am worried they will tell me my teeth are totally screwed. I mean I brush every-day as best I can remember, I am not good with flossing I suck at it and seems a lot of alternative flossing items wont fit between my teeth. But like I do try and take care of them so I just worry they'll just disappointingly tell me how much I have been abusing my teeth or something...which grrr I try my best. And its bad enough I probably need a filling of some sort for that issue I noticed, a normal teeth cleaning and well not sure if there are any other problems. At least that can be fixed my jaw is also slightly misaligned I had braces for a while but turns out braces don't even fix the issue...at one point I was told to actually correct it I'd need oral surgery but screw that, I don't want scars on my face, plus I doubt medicaid would entirely cover something like that in the first place.

Also i think my boyfriend should go to, because he has mentioned some teeth issues...but not sure if his insurance would cover that for him or not. I mean he probably at least needs a teeth cleaning but he's also said his back teeth are kind of messed up to...so not sure what they'd recommend for him or if it would be affordable and of course my medicaid doesn't do him any good.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2018, 6:31 am

I read that flossing isn't as beneficial as was previously thought. Most people do it wrong and for some it does more harm eg makes gums bleed. I was relieved about this because I've never been any good at flossing either.