Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2018, 4:44 pm

I was in math class (Special ed) and there was a topic I didnt understand in Algebra. I walked over to my teachers desk to ask for help. But there was a large line of people because my math classroom is also the learning support room. I decided to sit back down. I just could not understand the concept. Another teacher came over to make sure I was ok. I told them I did not understand the topic. They tried to help but I still didnt understand it. I got so frustrated. When that teacher left, I just walked out of the room and hid in this hidden corner I go to sometimes. My teacher had followed me though, she took me back to the class. Ugh and some students in the room thought it was funny. I dont think that its that funny. Im 18 and I still walk out of the class because I cant deal with stuff. Im working on not doing it as often.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2018, 4:48 pm

What was the math concept? If I can, I'll help you.

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2018, 4:51 pm

Its some kind of algebra. It just wasnt my day either.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2018, 4:53 pm

Do you have a test soon on it? Perhaps you can go to the tutoring office, and be patient with the tutor.

I'm not very good with algebra, either.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2018, 4:59 pm

I'm sorry that happened. It wasn't right of the other students to laugh at it. It's okay to leave the room if you are frustrated.

Lanceeselhombre
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 May 2018, 5:00 pm

I understand why you don’t want to leave the classroom as much, but you also shouldn’t deny yourself that time to recharge when you need it.

I sometimes struggle with math, and when I had a lot of trouble with a concept I would usually do better if I stepped away for a bit to calm down and then retried. It gives your mind time to process what you were doing so you can think differently about it.

I know that doesn’t work for everyone, but it’s something you could try to see if it helps your comprehension.

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2018, 5:11 pm

Yeah. I do need to calm down during class. Sometimes it really embarasses me though. In math class I get out of my seat and walk around which is nice. Im very active. I cant sit still for long.