Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 4:27 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
dating doesn't work if one has a fundamental incompatibility with other humans.

That's why I've turned a lot of that energy inward. It's another way to do something productive with it even if the outside world doesn't reciprocate.

mee too :alien:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 2:56 am

I dreamt I was at work in the hospital only it was different people and a different hospital, more like a humongous shopping mall, and I left work to get some lunch in the cafeteria, only I got lost on the way, and I spotted an acquaintance I knew in waking life, only in the dream she was a naval officer, and she was albino, and I asked her if she could point me to the front of the hospital, and she sneered at me and gave me the finger, and was visibly hostile towards me, and I tried to get away from her but she kept blocking my way, until a good Samaritan saw what was happening and distracted her while I headed towards the elevator, at which point I awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 2:48 pm

i dreamt i was in heaven and it was perfect except there were legions of stinging wasps all around, and was informed that i was really in "the other place." :twisted:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 4:04 pm

Sounds like you were in with the melissophiles.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 7:06 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Sounds like you were in with the melissophiles.

sorry, googled it and couldn't find quite that term, what are they? :scratch:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 7:36 pm

Google melissophilia. I tried the above and google offered it to me.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 7:40 pm

I wonder why it wouldn't give me anything on melissophiles [closest it came was mesophile] but it would on melissophilia? :scratch: in any case I am not one of them.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 7:55 pm

Meh, blame it on Larry Page and Sergey Brin then.

And if you can't Google them you might be on a Chinese ISP.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2018, 7:58 pm

don't know about the Chinese part- Centurylimp and MSN/Bing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 2:56 am

i dreamt i was in the yard of some unusual mansion with transparent walls, and at the top, a penthouse with a red searchlight in it. like a lighthouse but red lighted. i found myself suddenly inside of it, the lights were off and just the light from outside illuminated the interior, i was in a dark hallway when i heard a garage open and suddenly a golf cart back up past the hallway, one occupant caught sight of me and yelled "GET HIM!! !" and i jumped through an open bathroom window and ran off the property.