Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ChurchGoingGirl
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 May 2018, 3:48 pm

When did everyone start going through puberty on here? Do you think it is different from NT's development? Did it occur all at once or drag out? And do you think that NT's develop too quickly? I for myself feel there is a ret*d growth and development even if I went through puberty relatively early for my own kind. Also, if you are male, could you please explain how males go through puberty? I read about things like that on NT sites, but I don't really get it because I was born female and need in depth detail.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 12:48 am

There are no differences between the physical experience of puberty in NTs and that of people on the spectrum. Likely the process of maturing emotionally, however, IS somewhat different because of social struggles. I was told by a psychologist in college that I was emotionally immature. Maybe I still am!

On average, boys begin puberty slightly later than girls. I was early and started just before I turned ten. For the most part boys and girls experience the same changes: genitals enlarge and darken, pubic hair grows around the genitals, hair begins to grow on the legs and in the armpits, growth spurts occur, body odor becomes stronger, skin becomes more oily and acne is a problem, mood swings can be more rapid and/or pronounced, romantic/sexual attractions can become more frequent or intense, and the voice changes (though, of course, much more noticeably in boys).
However:
Only girls begin the menstrual cycle, their hips widen, and their breasts grow (though some boys experience a small amount of breast growth).

Only boys begin to produce sperm and, a little later, the ability to release them in semen. They may from time to time release semen in their sleep (nocturnal emissions). Erections become much more frequent and are often spontaneous. The shoulders broaden. Facial hair begins to grow, and, in many cases, hair on the chest and belly. Boys will often put on a lot of muscle without much effort during puberty.

That probably sounds like a textbook, and in a way it is. I used to teach 5th and 6th grade and it was a regular part of the curriculum. Feel free to PM me or respond with more questions or anything I missed.

zkg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 May 2018, 6:13 pm

I was a late bloomer. I still recall the first group shower in 7th grade, and being teased for having the smallest penis and no pubic hair. I didn't get my pubes until age 14 (beginning of 9th grade), which is when my genitals developed and I began masturbating. In 10th grade my family doctor examined my penis and testicles during the physical exam and said I was right on schedule. My voice started changing in 10th-11th grade and only then did I have a growth spurt. I only got significant underarm/chest/facial hair during college in my early 20s.

Tanker
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jun 2018, 12:59 pm

I went through the physical aspect at around 14, but the mental process didnt start until I hit 25/26-ish and as far as i know, it's ongoing.
And according to my shrink, this is fairly common. Which doesnt help with picking up on social cues, since that part of the brain develops during puberty.

So yea, it's a thing. And its pretty odd.

GuyInABlackSuit
Raven
Raven

17 Jun 2018, 7:08 pm

I began going through puberty physically at 11, growing an entire bush in my pubic area, and my voice cracking around 13-14.
However, I did not begin growing mentally until around 15, and I am still slowly progressing...and at a sense right now, regressing.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2018, 1:23 am

ChurchGoingGirl wrote:
When did everyone start going through puberty on here? Do you think it is different from NT's development? Did it occur all at once or drag out? And do you think that NT's develop too quickly? I for myself feel there is a ret*d growth and development even if I went through puberty relatively early for my own kind. Also, if you are male, could you please explain how males go through puberty? I read about things like that on NT sites, but I don't really get it because I was born female and need in depth detail.

I started puberty at age nine right when school started. It was maybe a week after it started when my mom came home with undershirts for me to wear saying my nipples were sticking out and boys will stare at them. At age 15, I saw my eight year old cousin was getting them but she wore no training bras or undershirts like my mom made me at age nine. I was so confused. :?

Now I think my mom was just teaching men men are dirty pigs and see women as objects and boys are that way too. Sadly this is what we are always teaching our daughters, we teach them how not to dress to draw unwanted attention, teach them how not to get raped, but no one teaches their boys to not look at girls or stare at them and no mans no and if she doesn't say yes, she isn't consenting. And people wonder why misandry exists? I think my aunt didn't want to teach my cousin to think negative of men and think they are all that way so she didn't make her wear a bra.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 2:07 am

I started right before I turned 13. I progressed a little slowly, but now at almost 18 I have a scruffy beard and look closer to 20. Mentally I guess I've been ahead of my age from what people say.

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2018, 11:55 am

I detected the first signs of puberty began in me before age 10. I discovered a strange sensation playing on the monkey bars at school. And I like the sensation. I also began daydreaming about girls at this age.