being gaslighted at my presentations

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ltcvnzl
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2018, 8:10 pm

i study architecture and here we work in a project during the semester and we make 2 or 3 presentations of it during our progress for our colleagues in the studio, often it's open for them to comment the project. i can manage speaking in public quite nicely (a lot better than personal interactions) but i need to feel very safe about what i'm going to talk about, but i've been OK at university until this semester.

there is a girl in my class who interrupted me in the two presentations i already had to correct me something about the place i'm working at. the thing is that: i went to the place several times to do my project, and i know she is wrong. but she insist too much on it that i even started to doubt my own perception? i went again to the place, and i am really right. i have no idea why she is doing it?

the thing is that she always end up shifting the focus, i end up nervous and can't be assertive and also i forget the other things i was supposed to speak. the professor doesn't do anything to interfere, and actually the professor seem to really like her – i had another studio with this same professor and i didn't like it because she clearly seems to have favorite students and act unfairly, so i don't think that speaking with her will help.

i hadn't ever met this girl before, she has absolutely no reason to dislike me and want to disturb me but she keeps acting this way which sounds to be very mean? i don't understand why. this is making me very nervous about my project, and troubled my progress with it. :/