Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RickKagoroLumala
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2018, 12:13 pm

My morals differ so greatly from other peoples' that it's a stretch to say I have humanity. I can't understand anyone neurotypical, let alone other autistic people, and so I can't empathize with them. As a result, I only care about myself, although I put up a facade of being a normal person who cares about others. I want to take over the world, but I only tell this to my family, afraid I'll be arrested or something. I just turned 18 this April. I have grandiose ideas and goals, but I work really hard to get to them. I also don't care about other people at all, but I find myself drawn to them nonetheless, perhaps by novelty. Am I insane? I feel like I'm totally cracked. Now, clarification, I don't think this is a bad thing, but I still want to know. Thanks.
~Ricky

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 12:23 pm

what do your parents ever say about that? :)

(sorry i just find your posts rather interesting at the moment)

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 12:30 pm

RickKagoroLumala wrote:
I have grandiose ideas and goals, but I work really hard to get to them.

Did you start a gofundme page asking for $10 million ?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

RickKagoroLumala
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 May 2018, 3:18 pm

I did actually start a gofundme page, back last year I think, but I realized quickly that it wasn't going to work, and that I would need to create my own ways of generating revenue to fund my ideas. Hence a programming project I'm currently working on with a friend, although he has no idea what I'm going to do with my share of the money once we start to profit.

When I mention anything about my ideas they usually tend to lose their cool. Every time I bring it up, my mom gets angry, saying no one will ever follow me or listen to me if I say or do stuff like that. My dad was more calm, but got angry after a while as well. I think it's a bit scary for them to hear someone say stuff like that, but I can't be sure. Like for example, I once talking about using viruses to transfect all people with modifications of genes they already have, modifications that would make them more amicable to others, in order to make the world a better place and achieve world peace, but they thought I was talking about setting myself up as a pseudo-god of the world. I had put a lot of thought into it, choosing which genes and which virus to use, as well how I would need to modify the virus of choice to get it to deliver the genes successfully. So it kind of hurt when they kind of flipped out.

Apologies if this post is disorganized. My mind is naturally that way. Also many times it's hard to get across what I'm trying to actually say, if not impossible. It seems as if I'm using the same language as other people, but they interpret it in a different way.

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 3:31 pm

Maybe you would be better off using your talents lurking on the right side of the law :wink:

Then mum and dad could relax

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 3:44 pm

RickKagoroLumala wrote:
Like for example, I once talking about using viruses to transfect all people with modifications of genes they already have, modifications that would make them more amicable to others, in order to make the world a better place and achieve world peace, but they thought I was talking about setting myself up as a pseudo-god of the world. I had put a lot of thought into it, choosing which genes and which virus to use, as well how I would need to modify the virus of choice to get it to deliver the genes successfully. So it kind of hurt when they kind of flipped out.

If you want to make money you should write science fiction and use this as an idea for a Utopian / Dystopian future :wink:

Transfect is a great name for a book or film

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 3:49 pm

You should hang out more with us Earthlings.

If you save a little child from a burning building, you will acquire more street cred.

Most of us don’t want to be dominated by a world-dominator. We would do our very best to deter and offset such plans. :skull:

AstroPi
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2018, 4:01 pm

Murphy's law says you will never get what you want. It would be quite different if you've decided NOT to be the world-dominator. Ooops...

omid
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2018, 6:00 pm

RickKagoroLumala wrote:
My morals differ so greatly from other peoples' that it's a stretch to say I have humanity. I can't understand anyone neurotypical, let alone other autistic people, and so I can't empathize with them. As a result, I only care about myself, although I put up a facade of being a normal person who cares about others. I want to take over the world, but I only tell this to my family, afraid I'll be arrested or something. I just turned 18 this April. I have grandiose ideas and goals, but I work really hard to get to them. I also don't care about other people at all, but I find myself drawn to them nonetheless, perhaps by novelty. Am I insane? I feel like I'm totally cracked. Now, clarification, I don't think this is a bad thing, but I still want to know. Thanks.
~Ricky

Do you know what the most likely thing is? it's that you are not insane. There is also a minute chance that you are pulling our leg but I wouldn't focus on that too much.

You wont find a single sociopath or psychopath who goes on a forum and utters concern about his (lack of) empathy. They are that way. they are content with themselves. That's their "natural" state and they find absolutely nothing wrong with themselves, so it wouldn't even occur to them to actually talk about that in any way. The same goes for schizoids, who don't care about anyone and need no social contacts. They don't see anything wrong with themselves.

The exact same thing goes for psychotics/ grandiose people / etc. You won't find them saying "yeah I'm being grandiose". They 1000% believe they are god / jesus /president of the USA / "able to change people's DNA" or whatever. They have no doubt about their grandiosity. Grandiose delusions, by definition, exclude the person from knowing they are being nutty. If they know, they can correct their behavior and are fixed.

The same kind of explanation can be repeated for any kind of rather massive versions of craziness -> it is a non existent thing for an acutely crazy person, to be concerned that he is crazy, as the acute craziness is his reality at the given moment, and he sees nothing wrong with himself. AT ALL. Maybe he finds many things wrong with the world, or other people, or the "CIA tracking him" or whatever, but he won't have the slightest concern about something being wrong with his psyche.

So there are three possibilities: 1. you are not insane 2. You are not yet insane enough to lose it completely and become delusional (unlikely) 3. You are pulling our legs (unlikely)
In case you tend to point 2. observe your thoughts and actions or rather let them be observed by people you trust and get medical help if it worsens.
cheerz
Omid

Possibly Aspie (diagnosed by an autism expert, doc moves abroad, forced to change docs and all say it's schizophrenia NOS or schizo-affective disorde or personality disorders. initial doc was a colleague of uncle Simon btw. you do the math.). (edit: by Uncle Simon I mean Simon Baron Cohen. Just to clear things up.)

Last edited by omid on 28 May 2018, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2018, 6:03 pm

omid wrote:
So there are three possibilities: 1. you are not insane 2. You are not yet insane enough to lose it completely and become delusional (unlikely) 3. You are pulling our legs (unlikely)
cheerz
Omid

Sorry OP , I didn't actually answer your question , I'm with Omid on this and I choose option 1.

RickKagoroLumala
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 May 2018, 8:17 am

hmm. But the thing is, I don't want to just be labeled as a grandiose person and fade off into history. I want to accomplish the things I set out to do, though maybe not world domination, in the interest of others. Honestly I just want to be the most free I can be, so I strive for goals which other people would consider out of reach. I don't feel comfortable living the life of a regular neurotypical person, or even as most of not almost all non-neurotypical people, as my mentality is so different.

Child of the Universe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 May 2018, 9:59 pm

You sound exactly like me at a certain point in my life. I used to want to take over the universe, and I still can't fully wrap my head around human morality. I'm not "evil" anymore, and I abide by human rules, but I often deeply struggle to understand them. Morality is an arbitrary construct created to further human survival (or the survival of any particular species).

From this point forward, there are a few paths you might take. First of all, decide if you want to stay "insane" as you describe it. If not, then you will have to brainwash yourself back to normalcy. This is not a bad thing. In fact, it perfectly coincides with the human definition of "good." Read 1984 if you haven't already. Fall in love. Be emotional. Meditate. Develop more empathy. Surround yourself with those you empathize with best, be they autistic or NT. Submerge yourself in your special interests. Hopefully, your attempts will eventually succeed. If not, then keep distracting yourself with these things. Run from this "insanity" at all costs.

On the other hand, you may not want to return to a "normal" morality at the moment. If this is the case, then continue to pursue your goal safely. Find an ultimate goal, in fact, no matter what you decide. This might be to take over the world. So try your best. Who knows, maybe you will succeed. Maybe not. Maybe it's all futile and meaningless, and the best thing to do is to find what you enjoy (probably your special interest) and pursue it.

In the end, taking over the world is a desire for power, and power is a social construct, and social constructs are meaningless. :/

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 12:43 am

Honestly, what you're describing sounds like a textbook case of narcissistic personality disorder. I'd recommend reading up on it if you haven't already. How old are you? Adolescents can't be diagnosed with personality disorders because their natural behaviour is so erratic, shallow and self-centered that every single one of them would be diagnosed as a sociopath.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

mended
Raven
Raven

31 May 2018, 12:59 am

It's a good plan to seek to acquire as much wealth as possible. That's not insane. Then you could look after yourself and your family.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 1:48 am

No you are not insane.

StampySquiddyFan
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 8:50 pm

StarTrekker wrote:
Adolescents can't be diagnosed with personality disorders because their natural behaviour is so erratic, shallow and self-centered that every single one of them would be diagnosed as a sociopath.

This is strangely comforting :lol: (I'm a pretty persistent hypochondriac w/ OCD that constantly fears all 10 personality disorders, especially clusters A and B). I knew that you couldn't be diagnosed with Antisocial PD until you were 18, but that doesn't really reassure me very much!

Hi! I'm Stampy (not the actual YouTuber, just a fan!) and I have been diagnosed professionally with ASD and OCD and likely have TS. If you have any questions or just want to talk, please feel free to PM me!

Current Interests: Stampy Cat, AGT, and Medicine