Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Khiori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jun 2018, 9:54 am

I have a pretty broad taste in music and I've listened to quite a lot of metal music over the years. If you like dark, melodic metal then I would strongly suggest Opeth, they have some truly beautiful compositions.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 1:56 pm

I like classical, especially opera. But I occasionally enjoy folk, bluegrass, world music, and 90s grunge. (I came of age in Seattle in the 90s, so it's nostalgic :wink: .)

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 2:05 pm

Im going to be listening to the Lamb Lies Down On Broadway by Genesis when ever I can.

Amanda G23
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jun 2018, 5:51 pm

I love all genres of rock and roll, and heavy metal has had a special place in my heart since I was a teenager. I still rate Judas Priest's "Screaming For Vengeance" tour as the best concert I've ever attended. Given the fact that many people on the autistic spectrum possess musical genius, I wonder if I am drawn to certain artists for that reason. For example, I strongly suspect two of the founding members of Pink Floyd (the greatest band ever IMO) are (namely, Syd Barrett and Roger Waters). I also cannot tolerate country/western music AT ALL!

Biskit69
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jun 2018, 7:13 pm

I love hip hop, hardcore punk, and thrash metal. My favorite is hip hop tho

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 1:26 am

most unexpectedly, an ex-WPer on FB introduced me to an aussie group called "King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard" whose videos I find strangely compelling. mebbe it's the name? :scratch:

Nonsense
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Jun 2018, 9:16 am

I mostly like to listen hip hop, dub, reggae, generally rhythmic instrumental music with bass, and some jazz, funk style. I often dislike vocals.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2018, 12:07 pm

No, never really been a metal fan. I'm a folkie and folk rocker who likes a bit of prog rock now and then.

Khiori
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Jun 2018, 1:29 pm

auntblabby wrote:
most unexpectedly, an ex-WPer on FB introduced me to an aussie group called "King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard" whose videos I find strangely compelling. maybe it's the name? :scratch:

Thank you for introducing me to this band, it's awesome.

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 2:36 pm

Not a fan of most heavy metal.

I like classical and folk.

Mr.Robot
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 3:19 pm

I am listening to a lot of different styles, so it is difficult for me to really give proper information. My favorite bands/musicians, so the things i listen to on a regular basis, cover a wide musical spectrum.

Some examples: Opeth, Alan Parsons Project, The Mars Volta, Billy Talent, Björk, Chance The Rapper, King Crimson, Coheed and Cambria, The Contortionist, David Byrne, David Bowie, St. Vincent, The Faceless, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Enslaved, Esperanza Spalding, Florence + The Machine, Genesis, Frank Zappa, Gentle Giant, Hoshi, IAM, Ihsahn, Jean-Luc Ponty, John Coltrane, Mahavishnu Orchestra...

There are way more, but the ones i listed here are my current favorites and represent my music taste quite well, i think.

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Jun 2018, 5:11 pm

StampySquiddyFan wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of metal music because it often is too loud and doesn't sound nice to me. To me it just seems like someone is screaming into a microphone and breaking perfectly good instruments for virtually no reason. Mostly, I like current pop music :lol: as well as classical music. That's just my preference.

Metal spans a wide array of styles though . Including neo-classical symphonic metal , such as this to J-Pop influenced Kawaii metal , such as this for instance .

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 5:20 pm

Touretter wrote:
Metal spans a wide array of styles though . Including neo-classical symphonic metal , such as this

lol - seems that every genre of music has such a massive overlap with other genres that one really can't tell which is which. Honestly, I claim to like Folk, but there's a lot of folk that I don't like at all. I think it really depends much more on the individual song than the genre.
:D

I can't say I'm a fan of either of the songs you posted, but I'm sure that if you were to post enough different types of metal, you'd probably find one I like a lot.
:)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2018, 4:21 am

Khiori wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
most unexpectedly, an ex-WPer on FB introduced me to an aussie group called "King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard" whose videos I find strangely compelling. maybe it's the name? :scratch:

Thank you for introducing me to this band, it's awesome.

you're welcome :star:

JimSpark
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2018, 8:24 am

auntblabby wrote:
most unexpectedly, an ex-WPer on FB introduced me to an aussie group called "King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard" whose videos I find strangely compelling. mebbe it's the name? :scratch:

I discovered that band a few months ago, and I love their music :heart: Very cool videos to watch, too. Here are my two favorites of theirs:

"The River" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUZn1I6llJs

"People Vultures" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f78_Tf4Tdk

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Jun 2018, 11:56 am

I like a lot of music including Pop, Comedy, Country, Classic Rock, Soft Rock, 90s Alternative Rock, Punk, Grunge, EMO, Disco, Celtic.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition