I have emotional difficulties at school

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 May 2018, 3:20 pm

Im a very quiet person at school. I choose not to talk because of communication difficulties.

However that doesnt prevent me from being a moody teenager. Im not small either. Im 5'9/5'10. I definitely have outbursts at school and its extremely embarassing. I leave class or I slam things around. I once got upset during math and I basically threw my textbook back onto the shelf and left. I just wasnt having a good day. I had to talk to a school counsellor about that.

I also get information overload and I have to take breaks during class. I just get some water, and color for a bit. It helps me. Im also allowed to chew gum during class. Its very awesome. I love blowing bubbles.

guitarman2010
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 9:18 am

I graduated back in 2002 (makes me feel old lol) but I can relate to the emotional instability and being overly quiet. In high school (in which my mother was a teacher there) I had just a small select group of friends I hung out with and no-one else really. I was forced to take college prep classes against my will and I didn't get along socially in those classes. I found those individuals to be boring and not my type of nerdy geek like I was with my friends. I would be very quiet in those classes and had an animosity toward the other students. Oh well, live and learn and thats all for this rant!