Never 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sometimes 83%  83%  [ 10 ]
Always 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 12

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 7:16 pm

Why do certain people cut you off mid sentence and think they know what you are on about but never get it right - ever.

The more this happens to me the less I want to speak to people , it does my feckin head in.

And if I call someone out on it , they are the ones who get pissed at me as if I'm being arsey wtf?

Could this be some sort of disorder ?

Is this something that people on the spectrum have to deal with regularly or is it just coincidence?

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2018, 9:54 pm

I can imagine the frustration.

I get people thinking that I am lying when I am telling the truth.

Maybe you're too long winded. And that's the problem. Folks just want you to wrap it up, and get to the point.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 12:28 am

...so you're saying?!

SentientPotato
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 12:45 am

Sometimes, but I tend to see it more as a miscommunication on my end because sometimes things come out a bit differently from what I originally intended, so the frustration is more towards my inability to properly convey things rather than the person who I feel is just trying to meet me halfway so to speak.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 Jun 2018, 12:56 am

My girlfriend does that to me sometimes & she's also on the spectrum. I think she does that to people in her family too sometimes. From what she told me I think it's like her brain is thinking ahead cuz it wants to hurry up & get to the point. She does have a problem with patience sometimes.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 3:57 am

@naturalplastic I don't think it's because people think I'm lying ( maybe because they think I'm crazy :lol: ) , as for being long winded I'm not sure about that , I don't tend to waffle - just the facts mam.

@Traven yeah basically , but I don't even get to finish the jist of the sentence.

@SentientPotato I'm not sure that's it either , but my self awareness is not the best.

@nick007 This sounds quite close to what I experience from 2 people in my life - maybe their brain is thinking ahead , I'm guilty of that myself but I don't finish people sentences. Some people just like the sound of their own voice maybe :lol:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 4:11 am

I didn't say "people think that yorue lying".

I meant that folks are projecting their own thoughts into your head, or their way of thinking into your head. Which in my case means they assume that you're lying because they lie themselves.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 7:55 am

My husband does that to me so frequently I selected “always”. Not really always, but a lot.

I am long winded and NT. He’s an aspie.

But now I’m thinking it would be hilarious to do it to someone on purpose and say ridiculous things to spoil whatever they’re saying. Maybe a turnabout would take care of things? Find the prime aggressor who finishes your sentences and prepare something irritating that would work with anything. Like...hm.

“...which is just what dogs think.”
“...literally exactly that.”
“...precisely what I told you yesterday.”

If it’s something that makes no sense or is condescending it gives it extra weight. Then you act confused when they’re like, no, no, that’s not what I was going to say. OHH my mistake...then you look at your phone while they finish their thought. They’ll get the point.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 9:24 am

nick007 wrote:
My girlfriend does that to me sometimes & she's also on the spectrum. I think she does that to people in her family too sometimes. From what she told me I think it's like her brain is thinking ahead cuz it wants to hurry up & get to the point. She does have a problem with patience sometimes.

Well to be fair, it can be annoying waiting for someone to get to the point sometimes. I don't tend to interrupt too often, but boy do I get impatient and bored.

overall topic: sometimes

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2018, 10:01 am

@NP I follow you now.

@SocOfAutism although what you suggest is my natural sarcastic nature here on the forum and what I would love to emulate IRL I couldn't do that to the people involved , it would make my life worse , I've tried tactics like this in similar situations and these people do not learn that way. ( I may just do what you say in my head just to amuse myself :lol: )

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2019, 8:59 pm

Yes people try to

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 8:06 am

They do even more than that. They try to live my life too.