The feeling that people just don't like you for no reason

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

RavenShark
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Jun 2018, 11:24 am

Does anyone else here ever get that feeling that you're just not likable, regardless of what you try? In my case, people seem to scowl at me and give me dirty looks for no reason.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 11:42 am

Because ... people will like you for no reason. It's a fact of life.

I got used to it, and now use it to my advantage.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jun 2018, 3:55 pm

I felt that way as a kid but in reality it was because I was different. I acted weird, said weird things, & looked ugly with very thick glasses & scabs from scratching cuz of BAD skin eczema.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2018, 4:01 pm

Ye I had those ideas. In school a guy even told another guy that he couldn't stand amd I was within earshot. In highschool a parent made fun of me because she made a gesture that I had a vacant look.
I realize now that I am different, unique and a bit odd. I am an acquired taste

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 4:05 pm

Yes i know that i'm unlikable. And when somebody acts like they like me they're most often a "savior" type full of sympathy.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2018, 12:18 am

I did when I was younger, but now there are valid reasons to dislike me.

I’ve let society turn me into a person who automatically hates everyone, everyone is an a***hole unless proven otherwise.

I need to work on this.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2018, 2:56 pm

AprilR wrote:
Yes i know that i'm unlikable. And when somebody acts like they like me they're most often a "savior" type full of sympathy.

The ones I know are spolied, prissy, giggly, fake white girls. I don't waste my time with people like that.

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2018, 2:59 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

I’ve let society turn me into a person who automatically hates everyone, everyone is an a***hole unless proven otherwise.

I need to work on this.

That's how I feel about people. Most people are a***holes.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2018, 3:49 pm

"Does anyone else here ever get that feeling that you're just not likable, regardless of what you try?"

Yes but lately I do not even bother :D trying :D

"In my case, people seem to scowl at me and give me dirty looks for no reason.[/quote]"

"People" means two or more, but "people" sounds like everyone.

Maybe they were not aware of their "scowl"

Maybe they were thinking about something else

Maybe you misinterpreted the nonverbal communication

Maybe they "scowl" at a lot of people

And you happen to be one of them

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2018, 9:26 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

I need to work on this.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to be mistrustful of people. Hating everyone is a strong word for me, but i just try to not get close to people while being fake polite. As a socially impaired person i'm more in a risk to be hurt or get taken advantage of so i'm going to protect myself. That's how i think at least.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2018, 9:31 pm

ladyelaine wrote:
AprilR wrote:

The ones I know are spolied, prissy, giggly, fake white girls. I don't waste my time with people like that.

You're right those people can be so two-faced. I often just be as smile-y and polite as i can near them so if something happens i can act as the innocent one.

HistoryGal
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 7:24 am

Starting friendships with people for me is trying to start a fire with wet wood.

I've quit altogether.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 11:09 am

I usually worry about people not liking me, but I don't think there are many people that don't. I generally like everybody, and I only dislike a small number of people and for a good reason.

The reason why being disliked for no reason upsets me is because I had that all through high school. Other kids disliked me for being me, and I had to live with it every day. So now as an adult, having the feeling of being disliked brings me back to my lonely miserable early teenage years, and it causes depression.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 4:42 pm

There could be reasons, that they did not tell you

There could be :skull: subconscious :skull: reasons

ladyelaine
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 4:55 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I usually worry about people not liking me, but I don't think there are many people that don't. I generally like everybody, and I only dislike a small number of people and for a good reason.

The reason why being disliked for no reason upsets me is because I had that all through high school. Other kids disliked me for being me, and I had to live with it every day. So now as an adult, having the feeling of being disliked brings me back to my lonely miserable early teenage years, and it causes depression.

I know the feeling. I dealt with that all through elementary, middle, and high school. It sucks when people come up with stupid reasons not to like you.

Chelsie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Jun 2018, 9:52 pm

RavenShark wrote:
Does anyone else here ever get that feeling that you're just not likable, regardless of what you try? In my case, people seem to scowl at me and give me dirty looks for no reason.

I always had experiences like yours. I feel that they simply don't go along with me. I got used to it and only stick with my true friends. One thing, I learned about it, is to be myself. I don't really mind people who dislike me anymore. Maybe, we can't please everyone to like us.