I try my best at school but my teachers have low expectation

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2018, 7:43 pm

My teachers seem to have a low expectation for me. I can tell that, when I get the adapted tests and I still get stickers for good behavior.
I like stickers though. I collect them.

None of my siblings get/got this treatment. Not even my brother who is also autistic. He gets really good grades. I try my best and I get 70s-low 80s. He gets low 80s- high 90s. He tries to help me but I get irritable and frustrated. I also get irritable and frustrated at school. I get to take plenty of water breaks. I also get to color. Thats nice.

Im older than my brother. We get along well. I just feel so lonely though. I feel like not even he understands what Im going through. He has more friends than I do and hes not in any special education classes. He has an IEP though. He mostly gets help with social skills. I dont talk half as much as him but I still get help with social skills. I just feel so alone.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 8:24 pm

But don’t you take AP English? The expectations are high in that class.

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2018, 9:48 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
But don’t you take AP English? The expectations are high in that class.

Yeah. It does have high expectations. But my teachers dont expect me to do well. Im getting an 80 something. That surprises people. I get extra help in that class. In that class I dont require as much help with my work but I require help with my behavior.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2018, 10:15 pm

It’s not good for anybody to have low expectations for anybody.