Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

LollieCraft
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jun 2018, 4:52 pm

I had a nursing license at one point and am looking to get it reinstated. I'm just wondering has anyone else had experience working as a nurse or in healthcare that is on the autism spectrum? I want to work as a nurse badly but am worried about getting overwhelmed and having melt downs. My doctors are telling me I can do it but I am really scared and looking for advice.

Stardust Parade
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2018, 5:16 pm

I'm a nurse (an LPN/LVN). I do private duty nursing, so I only take care of one patient in their home. It works for me because it's low stress (usually), I don't have to deal with any coworkers except for the RN case manager that comes out once a month to update the care plan, and I only have one patient to care for. The only downside is the pay.

As far as getting your license reinstated, you'd have to contact your state board of nursing. Are you RN or an LPN?

LollieCraft
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Jun 2018, 5:57 pm

I had an LPN. I already got information on getting it reinstated in Illinois. I don't need help with that. But how did you even get hired to do that. Interviews are incredibly hard for me and everyone says they can't hear me talk but when I talk loudly I feel like I'm screaming. I got my license originally in 2013 and have never worked as one because so much stuff happened. Maybe I'm just out of luck. If I could really do that where I only had one patient that might be ideal.