Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Jun 2018, 9:54 pm

My family doesnt seem to be like most families. Well first of all my younger brother and I are both Autistic. I have ADHD and Dyscalculia as well. He has a lot of sensory issues and runs off when hes overloaded(Scares my parents. Hes 16.

My house is very low volume. We have to talk quietly. My brother gets irritable by loud sounds. There is no slamming doors, yelling, or playing loud music. I dont get as upset.

My family lets my brother and I have routines that stay the same. Its great.

My parents are still assisting my brother with brushing his teeth and showering. He requires supervision for showers. I mostly get assistance with communicating and Im allowed to stay in my room without my parents being worried. Its normal for me.

My brother sometimes eats different food than the rest of our family, because of sensory issues. He loves peanut butter and lettuce sandwiches. I dont know why. He likes crunchy things. He also has to eat shreddies every morning or he gets upset. I like shreddies. He loves pizza but he gets interesting toppings such as just cheese and pineapple.

I have to go to school a bit early every morning. Part of my routine is helping my teacher make coffee. I also wear the same necklace everyday. At home, I have a shower every wednesday and friday. My brother has one every friday(its good he even showers). I also love walking by the pet store.

At my house there are meltdowns, and tears too. There are moments that feel embarassing. There are times when restraint is necessary.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 9:22 pm

What kind of people are your mother and father?

Ilikemusic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2018, 10:03 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
What kind of people are your mother and father?

My mother and father are interesting people who are very kind and patient. My mom is a early childhood educator and my dad works in construction. They are very very patient. Every morning my mom helps my brother with his morning routine.