Hi programmers: any experience with Bosses and Blockchain?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2018, 4:07 pm

Hello developers, are you facing this weird problem with your employer : They want you to implement 'blockchain' in an existing software product your company developed (while them don't have the least idea what this technology means...because it requires a whole re-engineering of any existing soft product) , JUST because it's a trendy gimmick now that sounds nice in marketing materials?

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 6:55 am

Fortunately, my managers are knowledgeable enough to see what blockchain technology cannot be used for. If you have have enough time (2-3 years, at least, with no other ongoing projects), base your blockchain technology on the Ethereum or QTUM blockchain; the former will use the Plasma network while the latter will use the Lightning Network. QTUM is also compatible with C, C++, Java and C#. Both will allow for 70,000 ++ transactions per second. Cardano and chains that identify as "3. gen" or even "4. gen" are mere hype products with no intrinsic value.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2018, 11:18 am

My managers don't even want it a cryptography blockchain - they are focusing more on 'blockchain for business' like the ones using the Hyperledger technologies. They want to tokenize customers' invoices so they can be processed in the blockchain.

They're talking about something like that (but our business model isn't the same) : https://www.liqease.com/how_it_work

In other terms, a tokenized invoice instead of a cryptocurrency.

The issue is that they're not realizing how much time a such project would take, they think that blockchain is a kind of some plugin that a developer can add to an existing project and voilà, it becomes blockchain enabled :lol:.
I have been trying to tell him that the blockchain thing is a totally different business model and structure, it is way different than the legacy conventional workflows- and it is not something as simple as adding a plugin or a library.

Sigh, I want my boss to wake up from his dream and realizes that this is not a small project. https://www.db.com/company/en/media/GTB ... r_2017.pdf

^ I showed him that Deutsche inforgraphic trying to convince him how long it takes, it took them from 2014-2017 - and their resources way surpass ours of course.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2018, 11:36 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
My managers don't even want it a cryptography blockchain - they are focusing more on 'blockchain for business' like the ones using the Hyperledger technologies. They want to tokenize customers' invoices so they can be processed in the blockchain.

They're talking about something like that (but our business model isn't the same) : https://www.liqease.com/how_it_work

In other terms, a tokenized invoice instead of a cryptocurrency.

The issue is that they're not realizing how much time a such project would take, they think that blockchain is a kind of some plugin that a developer can add to an existing project and voilà, it becomes blockchain enabled :lol:.
I have been trying to tell him that the blockchain thing is a totally different business model and structure, it is way different than the legacy conventional workflows- and it is not something as simple as adding a plugin or a library.

Sigh, I want my boss to wake up from his dream and realizes that this is not a small project. https://www.db.com/company/en/media/GTB ... r_2017.pdf

^ I showed him that Deutsche inforgraphic trying to convince him how long it takes, it took them from 2014-2017 - and their resources way surpass ours of course.

Well, if you really want him to get off blockchain just tell him this: "I'm so happy you've decided to go with blockchain, my bank account is going to grow significantly with all the overtime it takes to implement." Then watch as his complexion changes as he comes crashing down to reality.