What political ideologies are really popular with Autistics?

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2018, 11:20 pm

I want to know what political ideologies are popular with Autistics.

Tross
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 3:06 am

Are you asking for statistics or is your question rhetorical? I don't have any statistics for you, but if you're really asking what political ideologies other users like, knowing full well each of us can only speak for ourselves, I suppose I can help you there. Personally, I like the kind of political ideology where people STFU about identity politics, don't ignore scientifically valid truths whenever it's inconvenient for them, and don't operate on the mentality that only some people with particular beliefs can be satisfied at any given point in time. So, neither Liberalism or Conservatism sadly. Well, at least not what modern Liberalism and Conservatism seem to be. I'm of the opinion that most modern Liberals have a poor grasp of Liberalism at best, while most modern Conservatives are too closed-minded and in denial to see the full picture. Both political ideologies have merits but not as they seem to be understood by modern politicians and Oompa Loompas.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 3:57 am

I would like to abolish political parties so that every politician must run as an independent. Maybe then we would get some genuine discussion of policy instead of party politicking.

And I would like the government to develop a computer model of society (just as we have climate change models) so that every political proposal is tested and modelled for its effects before being adopted.

I will call my ideology "ultra-rationality". Because it sounds cool 8)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2018, 4:43 am

Autistics pretty much mirror society in general in the political spectrum. And if you're really interested in it you could conduct your own poll if you want to learn the distribution of political beliefs here on WP.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 5:19 pm

I'm just for people not being killed, and treating everyone with respect.

You cannot find that in any major party so I'm just independent.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 5:45 pm

Arganger wrote:
I'm just for people not being killed, and treating everyone with respect.

You cannot find that in any major party so I'm just independent.

Thats a good way to view society.

yelekam
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2018, 7:32 pm

I am a political moralist, who believes that government policies should focus on the wellbeing and advancement of people. I reject the archaic notions of left-right division. I believe in voting for the best candidate for a position, regardless of what party they may be. I am a member of the Prohibition Party.

vaguelyhumanoid
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jun 2018, 3:47 pm

I'm a social anarchist - "social" in the sense of advocating a direct-democratic society with consensus decision-making, and "anarchist" in the sense of supporting a world without power hierarchies. I understand why many consider this an unrealistic goal, but to me anarchism is a trajectory - it's the direction to head in, and the process of moving away from authoritarianism.

I don't think there's gonna be some big climactic moment where the world goes from archy to anarchy, but every step towards parenting and schooling without punishment, or transparent and participatory government, or cooperative rather than corporate economic structures is a step towards social anarchism. I've definitely known a lot of other neurodivergent anarchists, which makes sense because a lot of autistic people don't do well in strict disciplinary environments.

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 1:46 pm

MrsPeel wrote:
I would like to abolish political parties so that every politician must run as an independent. Maybe then we would get some genuine discussion of policy instead of party politicking.

And I would like the government to develop a computer model of society (just as we have climate change models) so that every political proposal is tested and modelled for its effects before being adopted.

I will call my ideology "ultra-rationality". Because it sounds cool 8)

What is rationality and ultra-rationality?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 1:55 pm

You have autistic ultra-conservatives; and you have autistic ultra-liberals.

Personally, I'm into the "not getting killed and being respected" kind of political ideology. As presented by Arganger.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 2:11 pm

I have beliefs that would get me in trouble with the Left, and beliefs that would get me in trouble with the Right.

That said, I believe in mixed economies because, while pure ideologies sound good on paper, the don't work in reality.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 2:13 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
I have beliefs that would get me in trouble with the Left, and beliefs that would get me in trouble with the Right.

That said, I believe in mixed economies because, while pure ideologies sound good on paper, the don't work in reality.

Like what beliefs?

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 2:19 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Like what beliefs?

Well, for example, I do believe in a social safety net; however, I realize that throwing government money at problems isn't always the best answer. Another example is that I believe gender and sexuality exist on a spectrum, but I tend to get annoyed at people who feel the need to give themselves 300 different labels.

In summary, most people regard the Left and Right as polar opposites, but I tend to see each side as providing useful checks and balances to the other.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 2:27 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Like what beliefs?

Well, for example, I do believe in a social safety net; however, I realize that throwing government money at problems isn't always the best answer. Another example is that I believe gender and sexuality exist on a spectrum, but I tend to get annoyed at people who feel the need to give themselves 300 different labels.

In summary, most people regard the Left and Right as polar opposites, but I tend to see each side as providing useful checks and balances to the other.

Are you against social programs and do you prefer the free market take care of people rather than the government. Me personally I beleive in the free market taking care of people because if a company is doing something wrong activists, consumers, and workers will just not shop or work at that business so it goes out of business but if the government takes care of people the individual has no choice but to pay taxes than if the individual doesn't pay taxes someone will knock down their door for tax evasion. People control markets. But people don't control government. But I still believe some social programs are necessary.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 2:47 pm

Dylanperr wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Dylanperr wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:

Like what beliefs?

Are you against social programs and do you prefer the free market take care of people rather than the government. Me personally I beleive in the free market taking care of people because if a company is doing something wrong activists, consumers, and workers will just not shop or work at that business so it goes out of business but if the government takes care of people the individual has no choice but to pay taxes than if the individual doesn't pay taxes someone will knock down their door for tax evasion. People control markets. But people don't control government. But I still believe some social programs are necessary.

Both.

I think the free market should take care of some things, and the government should take care of others. As to which entity should take care of which things, I believe we, as a society, are still figuring that out.

glebel1
Raven
Raven

18 Jun 2018, 2:49 pm

Speaking strictly for myself, I'm a Right Libertarian ( fiscal conservative, social liberal). But I don't think that autism has anything to do our political views. That is something that we learn.