Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Breakingpoint
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Jun 2018, 8:12 am

Hi I'm new here so let me introduce myself first most, my name is Kyle I am undiagnosed but have known about my differences since age 8 I've researched extensively since that window and when I discovered the concept of Asperger's finally everything clicked and again to make sense to me. Over the last 6 years especially I have struggled severely in the aspect of relationships not that it is anything new as I have always had very small circle of friends growing up I had a total of two friends. The person that I've been in a relationship with for the last 6 years has become an alcoholic and blames my characteristics for their drinking. not that I needed a reason for my head to be more messed up than normal but needless to say it definitely has. Over the last 6 months especially I have noticed fairly large regressive aspects in traits that I thought I had taught myself over the years to overcome such as my need to stim, my depression my communication is starting to delay my stutter has come back amongst other things. Frankly, I feel as if I am living alive version of Dante's Inferno and have struggled more so in the regard that the few people who I have regarded as friends throughout my life have had nothing to do with me for almost 8 years so really the only conversation I get is with my inner self and nothing good comes out of that. I have struggled with self-mutilating behaviors over the years And those have recently cited coming back to the surface again as well. hence why I have decided to reach out and attempt to form friendships again, if I have not fully bored you yet feel free to message me my interest include professional wrestling tanks and history. Hopefully somebody reaches out because frankly I'm out of resources

clarsachsidh
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jun 2018, 3:09 am

First, you have NOTHING to do with your partner's drinking. I respectfully urge you to run, not walk, to your nearest LGBTQ (or straight*) Al-Anon group. Don't let the G.O.D. stuff scare you-the essence of 12-Step groups is that you "take what you like, and leave the rest", and a "higher power" can be anything from the traditional Judeo-Christian god to just "your best self"-it's NOT about religion. Alcoholics can be quite manipulative, and we're not above provoking you to give ourselves permission to drink (I've been sober thirty years, but I will always be physically addicted to alcohol). It sometimes takes some searching to find a 12-Step meeting where you feel really comfortable, but when you do, it can be a really good place to build and practice social skills (that's where I learned most of mine) because a good meeting is set up with rules that ensure that it is a safe place to share. *I mentioned going to a straight meeting because it can mess with what you're trying to do (getting your head straight) if there are people you're trying to impress. The rules of A.A. and Al-Anon (they're called the 12 Traditions) clearly state that the only requirement for "membership" (you don't need to "join"-just show up) is a desire to recover. One of the very early members of A.A. in the 1930's was a black drag queen. If your life has been affected by alcohol (and it already has), you have earned your seat at the table. And don't worry-it's not a bunch of goody-goodys.

Breakingpoint
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Jun 2018, 1:57 pm

Thank you. Will definately have to look in to that.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2018, 10:16 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)