What’s everyone’s thoughts on this lady?

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Feb 2016
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,050
Location: Yorkshire, UK

07 Jun 2018, 10:10 pm

Gallia wrote:
...without sharing the picture etc it just doesn't seem respectful. i would hate it if people did that to me.

Yes, the joke would have been equally funny with just the text, as Fnord so beautifully illustrated ( :lol: ), and I wouldn't want to become a meme, either.

I don't think sly intended to be malicious to this particular person, but the site owner does have to be pre-cautious about potential lawsuits, so I've asked the mods to take a look and use their best judgement of whether the pictures should be removed.


_________________
When you are fighting an invisible monster, first throw a bucket of paint over it.


sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,108
Location: US

07 Jun 2018, 10:22 pm

BeaArthur wrote:
sly279 wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:
She's just being humorous. I didn't find it offensive.

I don’t think so. Most women care about mans income she’s just more upfront about it
They usually say do not message me unless you have a good job car and your own place

I'm a woman, you're a man, yet you THINK you know what most women care about, and can tell me.

You're deluded.

As for good job, car, own place - they don't want to date somebody that still lives with mom and dad, or that works at McDonald's. Can't say I blame them, BUT that hardly makes them a gold digger. I'm a mature, independent adult and would only want to date a mature, independent man. (if I were on the market)

She's being humorous, but she's also deterring someone like you from filling her mailbox. The guy who goes out with her will be mature, independent, and have a sense of humor.

That's assuming the person who posted the profile is even female.

You’re the one who thinks they’re gold diggers
Where have I ever said it?
Yet people come and tell me I think they’re gold diggers. Nope gold diggers go after super rich people not middle class. I simple state what most women where I live and elsewhere(from what I’ve seen) require you and some others then say they gold diggers not me. I say they superficial.

Are you fine withnmen only wanting to date a super hot woman ? Or is that superficial and should they look beyond looks or in women’s case beyond a mans economic status?

Thanks for showing me your another person who thinks I’m a worthless loser not worthy of anyone’s love.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,108
Location: US

07 Jun 2018, 10:24 pm

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
This is the sort of post you might find on those incel forums about how evil femoids are all the same (AWALT) and just biological automatons and gold-diggers because their irrational hormones make them that way. They often try to encourage each other to find the woman on whatever dating/social media platform and harass her about being an evil femoid "roastie".

It's really disappointing and disconcerting to see this here. You may disagree with something someone puts in their dating profile (that could very well be a joke that you are misunderstanding or taking literally, as we tend to do), but it's not a reason to make a post like this which could put the person in danger. This is messed up.


Please post where I’ve every said gold digger?
I take what women say and say this is what women have said. Why do you and some other females jump to gold diggers? Is it your think such women demanding a guy with a well paid job car and place is a gold digger? Seems so cause I don’t think that, never crossed my mind

How the hell is this putting her in danger?
If it is then surely her making her profile on tinder put her in danger.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,108
Location: US

07 Jun 2018, 10:27 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
Gallia wrote:
...without sharing the picture etc it just doesn't seem respectful. i would hate it if people did that to me.

Yes, the joke would have been equally funny with just the text, as Fnord so beautifully illustrated ( :lol: ), and I wouldn't want to become a meme, either.

I don't think sly intended to be malicious to this particular person, but the site owner does have to be pre-cautious about potential lawsuits, so I've asked the mods to take a look and use their best judgement of whether the pictures should be removed.


She’s posted her pictures on a public site
I took a screen shot of her profile that’s all.
Boo shares pictures of chats
Other members have posted pictures of their gfs of bfs without permission. It’s the internet those pictures and her profile are property of tinder and it’s parent company. What’d I do wrong?



Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Feb 2016
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,050
Location: Yorkshire, UK

07 Jun 2018, 10:39 pm

I've no problem with your question, or the tone of the jokes, sly, but enough people have objected that the thread could just end up turning into one of those bun-fights that will go completely off your topic. Better to let the mods decide, then we can carry on enjoying the thread where we left off.


_________________
When you are fighting an invisible monster, first throw a bucket of paint over it.


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 69,933
Location: Queens, NYC

07 Jun 2018, 10:43 pm

You did nothing wrong—But it’s still not a really nice thing to do.

If somebody tells you it’s cool to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you do it?

There’s a vaguely “uncool” quality to making fun of people.

Not bad conduct....but not good, either.

Not something to get really upset about.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,108
Location: US

07 Jun 2018, 11:16 pm

Gallia wrote:
i guess if im sounding extra serious is because i actually study data privacy so that's sort of fresh in my head. i'm sure the op didn't mean any harm
everything she or I or anyone gives to a website to put up belongs to them you give up your privacy it’s all in the terms and conditions. Other sites block screenshots tinder doesn’t and doesn’t care. She could ask tinder to remover her profile and they can refuse they can also sell her photos and information to other sites(probably how fatter by sites get their infor and pictures for fake profiles) her profile was so blunt compared to others who atleast try to be politically correct that’s why I shared it’d ive never seen anything like it. As for joking most people who joke then have more real stuff in their profile and those making joke accounts don’t use their photos nonless multiple photos so I take her to be for real. Joke accounts use no photos, memes or pictures without face in it.

I meant nothing more then to share something that shocked me women do this all the time with men’s profiles there’s whole sites just for it I’m sure I’m on a few being mocked as a lose. Some bloggers or magazine writiers troll through dating sites looking for profiles to print in their magazines and talk about how horrible they are
I’ve never called her any any woman golddiggers others here do it by assuming I am
And I can’t delete it once it’s been active and replied to.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,108
Location: US

07 Jun 2018, 11:47 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You did nothing wrong—But it’s still not a really nice thing to do.

If somebody tells you it’s cool to jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you do it?

There’s a vaguely “uncool” quality to making fun of people.

Not bad conduct....but not good, either.

Not something to get really upset about.


I wasn’t making fun of her I’m not boo I shared something that shocked me and wanted to know what others thought that’s it .
Now I may get banned for it and being suggested I’m some violent incel.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,108
Location: US

07 Jun 2018, 11:48 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
I've no problem with your question, or the tone of the jokes, sly, but enough people have objected that the thread could just end up turning into one of those bun-fights that will go completely off your topic. Better to let the mods decide, then we can carry on enjoying the thread where we left off.


I wasn’t joking about her. I found her profile shocking.

If the mods decide it’s bad I get banned so I won’t carry on enjoying anything here.



karathraceandherspecialdestiny
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 22 Jan 2017
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,857

08 Jun 2018, 12:19 am

sly279 wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
This is the sort of post you might find on those incel forums about how evil femoids are all the same (AWALT) and just biological automatons and gold-diggers because their irrational hormones make them that way. They often try to encourage each other to find the woman on whatever dating/social media platform and harass her about being an evil femoid "roastie".

It's really disappointing and disconcerting to see this here. You may disagree with something someone puts in their dating profile (that could very well be a joke that you are misunderstanding or taking literally, as we tend to do), but it's not a reason to make a post like this which could put the person in danger. This is messed up.


Please post where I’ve every said gold digger?
I take what women say and say this is what women have said. Why do you and some other females jump to gold diggers? Is it your think such women demanding a guy with a well paid job car and place is a gold digger? Seems so cause I don’t think that, never crossed my mind

How the hell is this putting her in danger?
If it is then surely her making her profile on tinder put her in danger.


I didn't say you used the word gold-digger, just that this set-up (making a post on a forum that is a screen shot of some woman's dating profile page with her picture and potentially identifying information about her) is something you see commonly on incel and other woman-hating forums that some guys will use to encourage others to find the woman and harass her. That you made a post like that, whatever your intentions were, should probably concern you in what it says about your (possibly distorted) thinking.

It potentially puts her in danger because you are introducing her picture and information into a forum she did not choose (this is not a dating site) and asking other people, some of whom have issues with dating and some anger and frustration about that, to judge it. That could very easily be interpreted by people who are already angry at women as encouragement to find her and harass her about her dating profile. If you don't want to encourage that, maybe rethink the wisdom of posting someone else's profile from another online platform without their permission. I'm very sure that you didn't foresee those potential consequences, but now that they've been pointed out to you you might want to edit out the photo and any identifying information from that screenshot. Or just have the mods take it out.



Syd
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2007
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,234

08 Jun 2018, 12:25 am

If she's searching for dad bod, Little Caesars was a good move.



sly279
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,108
Location: US

08 Jun 2018, 1:33 am

karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
sly279 wrote:
karathraceandherspecialdestiny wrote:
This is the sort of post you might find on those incel forums about how evil femoids are all the same (AWALT) and just biological automatons and gold-diggers because their irrational hormones make them that way. They often try to encourage each other to find the woman on whatever dating/social media platform and harass her about being an evil femoid "roastie".

It's really disappointing and disconcerting to see this here. You may disagree with something someone puts in their dating profile (that could very well be a joke that you are misunderstanding or taking literally, as we tend to do), but it's not a reason to make a post like this which could put the person in danger. This is messed up.


Please post where I’ve every said gold digger?
I take what women say and say this is what women have said. Why do you and some other females jump to gold diggers? Is it your think such women demanding a guy with a well paid job car and place is a gold digger? Seems so cause I don’t think that, never crossed my mind

How the hell is this putting her in danger?
If it is then surely her making her profile on tinder put her in danger.


I didn't say you used the word gold-digger, just that this set-up (making a post on a forum that is a screen shot of some woman's dating profile page with her picture and potentially identifying information about her) is something you see commonly on incel and other woman-hating forums that some guys will use to encourage others to find the woman and harass her. That you made a post like that, whatever your intentions were, should probably concern you in what it says about your (possibly distorted) thinking.

It potentially puts her in danger because you are introducing her picture and information into a forum she did not choose (this is not a dating site) and asking other people, some of whom have issues with dating and some anger and frustration about that, to judge it. That could very easily be interpreted by people who are already angry at women as encouragement to find her and harass her about her dating profile. If you don't want to encourage that, maybe rethink the wisdom of posting someone else's profile from another online platform without their permission. I'm very sure that you didn't foresee those potential consequences, but now that they've been pointed out to you you might want to edit out the photo and any identifying information from that screenshot. Or just have the mods take it out.


Her first name, possible workplace and that she’s 34 miles from me? Tinder is set up so people can’t find out probably why people use it for one night stands. She’s not even in my city, there’s loads of city’s she could be in each with tons of little Cesar’s.
I can’t find women who work with me in the same city, I know their first and last names, where thy live, and where they work. But there’s tons of women with their name here and thsoauands come up on Facebook. FYI I’m not trying to stalk or threaten them, just to find out if she’s single from her Facebook profile. Since as an aspie I can’t fathom just asking like nts do.

You and another assumed I think of her as a gold digger, which to me makes me think you think such women as gold diggers. Otherwise no reason it’d came up.
You seem to spend a lot of time on incel forums, I’ve bever been to one and never will. I think it’s making you bit paranoid. I’ve made a post nothing like that. It’s outrageous you say I did. Posting a screen shot for a shocking profile isn’t a call to action, women here have done some in the past with men’s shocking profiles, boo does it all the time. I think it’s your agenda against me, sorry saying don’t message unless it’s a pic of your bank account is quite shocking to me.

Call to judge? Nope not anymore then if I posted a picture of a kitten would I be asking people to judge the kitten. There’s a video of a lady shaving at a public pool going around is that people asking others to judge her or people sharing a disturbing video they saw?

She shouldn’t shared them online then, look whenever we share anything online it’s with the knowledge anyone can see it. That’s why a few people r fuse to share anything. I know bunch who refuse to have a Facebook account or any social media account. I’m quite sure my profile is on reddit or blogs with women making fun of what a loser I am.
Women have shared men’s profiles here who make demands for thin, young sexy blond women only and make fun of them or rant about them, why’s that ok but me just sharing a screen shot of a shocking profile isn’t?
You dislike me and have an agenda to get me banned, you think I’m a horrible sexist violent incel I get it but I’m not and your pretty judgmental and paranoid to think that of me. I’m just lonely man who’s accepted I’m a worthless loser not who’ll never be loved to women. And for thst you hate me, cause I represent reality and you want to live in a fantasy world where women are all good and men are pigs.

She shouldn’t posted what she did, if I went to tinder and posted whites only I don’t like blacks, I’d be called a Nazi and fired from my work. This is a new world where if you post or say something online it will be seen by everyone. But I can’t edit it, only mods can now. Maybe we should just change wrong plant so all posts must have to be approved by mods, I think I, going message any post I want to make to mods now for approval then paste a screenshot of their approval in every post. Sure going suck for them given my posting rate. But seem only ay to keep you off my back



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 31,159
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

08 Jun 2018, 2:24 am

Fnord wrote:
I'm reminded of this exchange, which appeared on Craigslist in October of 2007

THE QUESTION:

What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I'm tired of beating around the bush. I'm a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25 year old girl. I'm articulate and classy.

I'm not from New York. I'm looking to get married to a guy who makes at least half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don't think I'm overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a business man who makes average around 200 – 250. But that's where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000 won't get me to Central Park West. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she's not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

– Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics - bars, restaurants, gyms.

- What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won't hurt my feelings.

- Is there an age range I should be targeting (I'm 25)?

– Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the upper east side so plain? I've seen really 'plain jane' boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I've seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the east village. What's the story there?

– Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows – lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

– How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY.

Please hold your insults – I'm putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I'm being up front about it. I wouldn't be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn't able to match them – in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

It's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 432279810


(NOTE: The above inquiry has since been deleted.)

THE RESPONSE:

Dear Pers-431649184:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament.

Firstly, I'm not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said here's how I see it.

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal. Here's why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here's the rub, your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity ... in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won't be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain, you're 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35 stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold ... hence the rub ... marriage. It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease. In case you think I'm being cruel, I would say the following. If my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It's as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as "articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful" as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe that if you are as gorgeous as you say you are that the $500K hasn't found you, if not only for a tryout.

By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn't need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you're going about it the right way. Classic "pump and dump".

I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.


(NOTE: The above response has been wrongly attributed to J.P.Morgan.)

:lol:



Ha ha, this makes me laugh at the fact I am 28 going on 29 and I can still pass for underage, I always have my ID out first thing when buying alcohol because chances are they will question it. But I didn't go for people based on income....I got with my boyfriend because I like him specifically. Its sort of ridiculous he works full time, but in order for us to afford our apartment he depends some on my SSI income, otherwise we couldn't afford it. I mean he works full time and can't even afford a 1 bedroom on his own he tells me and it frusterates him. Even though with my income as well we can afford it, he thinks he should be able to afford it without taking from my SSI as he works full time. Sure it would be financially easier to get with some rich guy...but why? I don't think relationships for money are a good idea. Me and my boyfriend have a connection and if we ended up homeless on the streets I'd rather be with him than anyone else.



B19
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Gender: Female
Posts: 9,842
Location: New Zealand

08 Jun 2018, 2:35 am

Speaking for myself, I don't want WP to be a vehicle for dating sites full stop. That's not what Wrong Planet is for, and not what this sub forum is about. It's supposed to be about support, not using some anonymous person's details from an unrelated site to try and prove some pet peeve of a member here - at least that's how I see it. It doesn't prove anything at all except that this subforum is not very edifying at times.



goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,180
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

08 Jun 2018, 4:24 am

I didn't assume she's joking.

I read her profile ~the same as any I've ever seen that says "sugar daddy wanted," as a legitimate post seeking some guy with money willing to spend it on her because she's young & they might be attracted to her, and thus her profile is worthy of being mocked to a certain degree.

I've openly mocked similar profiles on Tinder's gay predecessor by once changing my username to an abbreviated version of "Sugar Twink Wanted," just as a display of how ridiculous I think people appear when they openly request $$ on a dating app because they think they're hot stuff but don't quite want to be prostitutes.

I also think sly's thread & question to others are perfectly acceptable and all the posts suggesting otherwise are a bit over the top.

Maybe she is joking? But she comes across as someone I wouldn't want to date unless I was looking for some pseudo-hooker sugar baby.


_________________
No :heart: for supporting trump. Because doing so is deplorable.


RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,488
Location: Adelaide, Australia

08 Jun 2018, 4:35 am

I don't know what I think of her because I can't see the picture.


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short