Is this 'thank you' present and card too much?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

finn14
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jun 2018, 11:53 am

Hi everyone :)

So I'm leaving school, and giving my teachers cards and presents and things like lots of other students are doing. There is this one teacher who has really helped me with so much stuff in the past few years (in terms of personal/emotional support as well as academically) and me and her get on really well. I accidentally ended up writing her a letter which is 5 pages long, and also made her a card and a couple more small presents and a couple of poems I wrote to say thanks. She knows that I can be kind of weird in some respects, and there is nothing in any of the content which goes beyond 'you have been really important to me, thank you' i.e. nothing inappropriate or weird. She also knows that I rely on her emotionally quite a bit and I've shown her poems and stuff before as she taught me creative writing.

I thought all this was kind of fine and expected from me, but a couple of friends have said it is too much (the volume, not the content) and just weird. I was wondering if you think it sounds like too much as well. This person is really important to me and I would hate to give a present which in some way is wrong or poorly judged. Thanks :mrgreen:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2018, 12:46 pm

I would say you've done enough already.

Don't do any more.

She knows you like her. She knows you appreciate her.

I can identify----except I did actually have a sexual attraction to my teacher in my senior year in high school.

finn14
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jun 2018, 12:52 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I would say you've done enough already.

Don't do any more.

She knows you like her. She knows you appreciate her.

I can identify----except I did actually have a sexual attraction to my teacher in my senior year in high school.

okay, thank you :) haha no this isn't that at all but thanks for understanding :)