Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Orion
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jun 2018, 9:48 pm

Pretty much just what the title says. I can't stop pacing, and it keeps me from getting work done. I'm in college and have other commitments and really don't have the spare time. Since this is a common form of stimming, does anyone have experience with trying to/successfully getting rid of this habit? I tried once and actually went a whole week pacing very minimally each day, which was really big for me. But I can't seem to do it again. All help is appreciated.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2018, 12:48 am

Could it be ADHD?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2018, 5:17 am

I just tell myself to stop, and my body usually complies.

But sometimes, if I'm deep in a brainstorming session, it's hard to stop.

Orion

11 Jun 2018, 5:39 am

Daniel89 wrote:
Could it be ADHD?

I don't know. When I was in school my teachers told me I probably had ADHD, then that I probably didn't, then I definitely did, then I didn't. It was very odd, but I don't think I have it. Generally, I have an average-good attention span. It's just the stimming.

GuyInABlackSuit
Raven
Raven

17 Jun 2018, 2:24 pm

I pace too, mainly talking to myself about anything and everything; almost usually the first thing that pops into my head.

Orion

23 Jun 2018, 11:00 am

GuyInABlackSuit wrote:
I pace too, mainly talking to myself about anything and everything; almost usually the first thing that pops into my head.

Same. It's almost always because I have stuff going through my head and want to have a conversation with myself.