Are you highly selective/judgmental of people?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2018, 7:05 pm

I've found that with friends or potential relationships I'm highly selective as per who I let in or not.

I'd say it's oddly like how I view food. Some wonder why I rarely stray from the select foods I eat. But, why try new foods when you can have a perfectly awesome and tested meal that you know you'll love?

I'd rather spend my time and energy with something I know I'll like.

Oddly, I view people with those same standards as well. I can typically tell immediately who I like or not. There isn't that many people I feel that way towards, but I'd rather pursue that than waste my time with someone I don't feel that way towards.

Would you say you're highly selective of the people you let into your life?

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2018, 8:14 pm

Hmm...
I think I might default to a kind of Seinfeldian nit-pickery if I had to justify it. Otherwise, it's just that I don't have the energy to entertain guests. I prefer the lower-energy types.

I'm not sure if that's the same thing.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Jun 2018, 7:20 am

There was a time I was when I was frustrated with others & with life. People had been putting me down aLOT & I started to think bad things about lots of people; not just the people who put me down but I kept comaring others to them & judging them. I think it was kind of a defense mechanism.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 7:47 am

Well, I can't enjoy the company of stupid people as long as they can, but overall, I'd say that others select me out more than it runs the other way.