Turning off Notifications on Facebook (HELP)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

The_Gimp
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jun 2018, 8:36 pm

Does anyone on here know how to completely turn off notifications on Facebook?

I went into settings> Privacy > Notifications settings
And went through the entire list

Activity, Apps, Friends request, Groups, Update from Friends
And turned off these features whatever they are (PUSH Email SMS)

I am still getting that annoying vibration and chime every time!
Is there another setting on FB where I need to go to stop this?

ronald1957
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Jun 2018, 9:14 pm

On my Android Tablet Phone I removed my FB app. I had enough of notifications of friends that are suggested! It never stops.... No control features to stop it. I use my old phone web browser to watch YouTube (with no ads). I disabled Google+, GoogleDrive , Google Hangouts, YouTube app which punished me from watching YouTube (without ads) on my original old mobile phone browser. If I want to go to Facebook I use the mobile old browser on a YouTube page and pretend to want to share a video on Facebook. That's how I enter Facebook... Having a crappy old phone tablet ( with properly disabled apps ) has it's privileges. Red YouTube is only available in USA. I have a serious aversion :skull: to video advertising. Stopped watching TV decade's ago. I hate Facebook, the imprinting technology triggers suicidal thoughts in me.

improvisation Band-in-a-Box May 23, 2018 (HD)

The_Gimp
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jun 2018, 9:46 pm

So, use the backstage of FB you're saying, interesting. I'll have to try that.
And from the looks of it, there is no way to turn off these awful notifications with a registered account. I just quickly learned that all it does is prevent e-mail notifications!

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 12:31 pm

I don't know if this is what you are looking for, but I always log out of the app when I'm done and then I don't get any notifications at all. I like it because without the notifications, I forget to even go on and that's a good thing in my case.

However, logging off of Facebook doesn't log you off of messenger, but that's okay with me. I think you can log off of it if you want too.

Hope this helps!