suspected rapist murderer autistic *trigger warning*

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 4:30 am

(Please don't read if this sort of news upsets you)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-14/m ... th/9868130

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 8:45 am

The conditions of "youth and diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder" do not constitute a "Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free" card, especially for the crimes of rape and murder.

In Australia, the law of "Mental Impairment" broadly states that to establish a defense on the grounds of insanity, it must be clearly proven that at the time of committing the act, the accused’s state of mind was such that they did not know what they were doing, or if they did, that it was wrong.

[opinion=mine]

The fact that he did not petition for bail is significant. It shows that either (a) he feels more fear regarding being outside of jail than in, or (b) he knows what he had done and knows that it was wrong to do it.

In any case, I expect a plea of "Guilty" (or the Aussie equivalent) in very short order.

[/opinion]

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2018, 3:55 pm

I can not judge this case based on the very preliminary information from this short article. I can say I believe the increasing use of the "Autism defense" by lawyers is going to be harmful to autistic people overall by adding more stigmas and offering "proof" of existing stigmas.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 5:49 am

It should be noted that the comedian made mention she was a feminist during her act. Her murder was likely a gender hate crime, perpetuated by the same frustrated, entitled type of young men who are encouraged to stew in their own toxic juices on WP.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2018, 9:21 am

We don’t have these sorts of people on WP.

Lonely, yes....but not of the Incel/Elliot Rodger variety.

Frustrated, yes....but with decent morals.

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 7:13 pm

Why do they mention "diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder", but say nothing about whether he was left or right-handed, his favorite color or what he had for breakfast that day? As long as they're listing irrelevant details, why not?

P.S.- Also it should have been, "diagnosis of an autism spectrum disorder".

LavenderLilac
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jun 2018, 2:11 am

I've found a good deal of stigma directed at Autistic people is our faliure to hold our own accountable. Constantly using Autism to tell people you can't say anything negative about me because I have Autism. So much it even drives Autistic people away from the community as any complaints they have will be met with, "They can't help it! They're Autistic!"

A good start to counter this would to stop insisting the media or even the world must ignore anything bad an Autistic person does. Pushing the idea all Autistic people are pure innocent angels, which is infantilizing Autistic people.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2019, 12:47 pm

Fnord wrote:

I expect a plea of "Guilty" (or the Aussie equivalent) in very short order.

Your expectations were correct
Eurydice Dixon: Jaymes Todd pleads guilty to rape and murder of comedian
Quote:
A 19-year-old man has pleaded guilty to the rape and murder of Melbourne comedian Eurydice Dixon, whose body was found in a suburban park, and whose death sparked a national outcry over sexual assault and violence against women.

Todd, 19, from Broadmeadows, pleaded guilty to murder, rape, attempted rape and sexual assault in Melbourne Magistrates Court on Thursday.

Man who vandalised Eurydice Dixon memorial continues with appeal
Quote:
An anti-feminist blogger who admitted painting a 25-metre penis on a memorial for murdered Melbourne comedian Eurydice Dixon, is continuing his appeal against the court conviction and community work sentence he received for the crime.

Andrew Nolch claimed the spray-painted lewd graffiti at suburban Princess Park was a "political statement" but pleaded guilty last September to criminal damage.

He's now set to appeal that conviction in a County Court hearing on March 12, claiming to have an issue with the quality of legal advice he received previously.

Nolch was then represented by criminal lawyer Glenn Thexton, and is now acting for himself.

A psychologist's report is expected to form part of Nolch's appeal, and he told Judge Mark Gamble on Friday that he has an appointment next week to seek the document.

Nolch was sentenced to 200 hours of community work and ordered to pay $19,500 to replace the turf after the graffiti was unable to be removed.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2019, 2:26 pm

"Victoria Legal Aid lawyer John Riordan said it was Mr Todd's first time in custody and stressed his vulnerability in that environment due to his youth and diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder."

hmm...well maybe don't rape and kill people.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 2:02 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:

Man who vandalised Eurydice Dixon memorial continues with appeal
Quote:
An anti-feminist blogger who admitted painting a 25-metre penis on a memorial for murdered Melbourne comedian Eurydice Dixon, is continuing his appeal against the court conviction and community work sentence he received for the crime.

Andrew Nolch claimed the spray-painted lewd graffiti at suburban Princess Park was a "political statement" but pleaded guilty last September to criminal damage.

He's now set to appeal that conviction in a County Court hearing on March 12, claiming to have an issue with the quality of legal advice he received previously.

Nolch was then represented by criminal lawyer Glenn Thexton, and is now acting for himself.

A psychologist's report is expected to form part of Nolch's appeal, and he told Judge Mark Gamble on Friday that he has an appointment next week to seek the document.

Nolch was sentenced to 200 hours of community work and ordered to pay $19,500 to replace the turf after the graffiti was unable to be removed.

What a repulsive little turd - the woman was raped and murdered and he's still holding a grudge?! "Political statement", what an a***hole :evil:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2019, 2:07 pm

Fnord wrote:

In any case, I expect a plea of "Guilty" (or the Aussie equivalent) in very short order.

Or as Homer Simpson says, "gillty"

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2019, 12:48 am

He knew that what he did was wrong, so he should go to jail.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2019, 1:43 am

We on the autistic spectrum know the difference between right and wrong, and so should this guy. If he's guilty, then he should face punishment, same as anyone else.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2019, 2:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
We don’t have these sorts of people on WP.

Lonely, yes....but not of the Incel/Elliot Rodger variety.

Frustrated, yes....but with decent morals.