Page 35 of 42 [ 661 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2018, 4:42 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...The effect of the drugs :cry: - and the rape trauma :cry: - and not being allowed, often, good stability by the powers that be/were, a combination of security and bring urged on - Not having training) education come along to try and build from there :( . Lacking of inspiration on my oart :( .

I'm sorry all of those things happened to you and it is certainly understandable thar they have had such a lasting impact on your life. You should have had the support and guidance you needed and deserved as a young person. I wish we could go back in time to fix your past but that is not a possibility we have been afforded, and I wish he had a way to make the trauma of your past disappear but we unfortunately don't. I'm very sorry it has affected you so profoundly.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 1:50 pm

RainbowUnion wrote:
Agreed. Don't poo poo Jr Colleges. Many are great places to start.

I completely agree. I had to leave my original career due to issues related to my nonverbal learning disability, and I retrained at a community college in a new field. I still only have an associate's degree in that field but I've been able to be successful in my career, even working at one of the big high-tech companies (although that turned out to be WAY too stressful so now I'm in a lower stress job).

Regarding whether or not transcripts have to be mailed directly to the institution... take this with a grain of salt, but my recollection was that I was able to mail in one of the special "sealed" copies of my transcripts. I ordered a bunch of sealed, "official" transcripts at the same time so that I wouldn't have to go through the process for every school I applied to (I still have a few). Still, better to call and ask the school if you're not certain (and of course the safer option is just to have the school mail it).

Also, interesting that ASS-P is from Westchester County. I am also, and for my high school, the process for getting a transcript is to send in a form with a check. Now I'm really curious about where ASS-P went to school!

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 2:32 pm

I think you need to call it quits on the college thing.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2018, 3:11 pm

...I maybe want, at least in an open comment, a little vagueness/mystery on personal details, LIS.
And, CD, sure...I'll live my life the way you tell me to live it :P :x !

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2018, 1:10 am

ASS-P wrote:
...I maybe want, at least in an open comment, a little vagueness/mystery on personal details, LIS.

ASS-P I'm not telling you what to do like boss to subordinate or parent to child. I'm telling you as a person who cares. I'm simply making a suggestion. Here are the facts:

a. You're sick.

b. You have problems with the bureaucracy and paperwork.

c. You're homeless and have no money.

d. You're perservating on this is f*****g you up mentally.

I think you need to take care of yourself as much as possible and quit eating junk food. I do think that GF said that health is wealth which means if you get yourself healthier then you will be able to do more stuff ergo bringing in more income.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 1:44 pm

cubedemon6073 wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

ASS-P I'm not telling you what to do like boss to subordinate or parent to child. I'm telling you as a person who cares. I'm simply making a suggestion. Here are the facts:

a. You're sick.

b. You have problems with the bureaucracy and paperwork.

c. You're homeless and have no money.

d. You're perservating on this is f*****g you up mentally.

I think you need to take care of yourself as much as possible and quit eating junk food. I do think that GF said that health is wealth which means if you get yourself healthier then you will be able to do more stuff ergo bringing in more income.

Amen to this but he wont care, he has been going on about this for 11 years.

AssP, what drug effects do you mean? How did being put on anti psychotics make it impossible for you to get any kind of job?

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 1:49 pm

There is a big problem with being a "high functioning" autistic, I will admitt. We often dont get the condiserations and accomodations that low functioning autistics get, such as group homes, trust funds, etc, even though many of us on the "high functioning" end of autism DO need them.

Its obvious to everybody that a non verbal person who cant tie his shoes needs help, but we seem "normal enough" that most think we dont. Or worse, people think we act this way because we want to, that with some minor easy to make changes we can be "normal" and etc. Or worse, we get misdiagnsed as scitzophrenic and etc, because we are to hard to classify.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2018, 10:42 pm

drwho222 wrote:
There is a big problem with being a "high functioning" autistic, I will admitt. We often dont get the condiserations and accomodations that low functioning autistics get, such as group homes, trust funds, etc, even though many of us on the "high functioning" end of autism DO need them.

Its obvious to everybody that a non verbal person who cant tie his shoes needs help, but we seem "normal enough" that most think we dont. Or worse, people think we act this way because we want to, that with some minor easy to make changes we can be "normal" and etc. Or worse, we get misdiagnsed as scitzophrenic and etc, because we are to hard to classify.

I totally agree Drwho. I wish there were more supports for those on the higher functioning end.

drwho222
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2018, 10:46 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
drwho222 wrote:

I totally agree Drwho. I wish there were more supports for those on the higher functioning end.

IDK about AssPs case though. In January or February he was kicked out of a rehab center because in spite of being so crippled, he regularly snuck out to get fast food. He treated the place like some kind of motel and then was shocked when he was kicked out.

If he were in a group home type situation, I think he wouldn't last long there, because of course such a place would have rules, in particular a curfew (because its not cool for him to be waking everybody up stumping in at 1030 PM) or not being a hoarder, which are perfectly reasonable in a communal living situation. He was shocked that homeless shelters and hospitals wouldn't let him hoard non essential items, just imagine if he had a room of his own in which to stockpile whatever.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2018, 11:16 am

...Beep you! :x Why don"t you bleep off :evil: ! I am censoring myself from saying stringer. :P Right, if I have any possessions whatsoever, I'm a " hosrder 'I should have no life - including Internet communication ! the center was not just about fast food). Why don't you piss off? :? 8O

o222"]

cubedemon6073 wrote:
drwho222 wrote:

IDK about AssPs case though. In January or February he was kicked out of a rehab center because in spite of being so crippled, he regularly snuck out to get fast food. He treated the place like some kind of motel and then was shocked when he was kicked out.

If he were in a group home type situation, I think he wouldn't last long there, because of course such a place would have rules, in particular a curfew (because its not cool for him to be waking everybody up stumping in at 1030 PM) or not being a hoarder, which are perfectly reasonable in a communal living situation. He was shocked that homeless shelters and hospitals wouldn't let him hoard non essential items, just imagine if he had a room of his own in which to stockpile whatever.[/quote]

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2018, 11:20 am

...Why don't"t you have everything you own be thrown away! :cry: Then be lectured by someone like you, " you're a hoarder '! I hate you! Piss off. :x

:cry: bedemon6073"]

drwho222 wrote:

I totally agree Drwho. I wish there were more supports for those on the higher functioning end.[/quote]

If he were in a group home type situation, I think he wouldn't last long there, because of course such a place would have rules, in particular a curfew (because its not cool for him to be waking everybody up stumping in at 1030 PM) or not being a hoarder, which are perfectly reasonable in a communal living situation. He was shocked that homeless shelters and hospitals wouldn't let him hoard non essential items, just imagine if he had a room of his own in which to stockpile whatever.[/quote]

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Sep 2018, 4:56 pm

Ny life never really happened - It never quite took off :( . Things never quite happened.- I tended to be a little too far away, or miss it a little. My life was sort of vamping, waiting for something that never happened :cry: .

I can relate. In high school, they called me "Brainy Smurf." I was expected to become a doctor or engineer or something of that sort. But things never seemed to work out or materialize through college or work, and I've achieved far, far less than that. My former classmates would be shocked and its the main reason I don't go to class reunions, also because I don't remember HS with many happy memories.

Sometimes it feels like my life is just slipping away as I glide through the years.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 6:20 pm

^Holy sh*t! That post above could've been written by me.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2018, 6:28 pm

I really haven't done that much with my life, either.....

I'm not really ashamed (though I sometimes am). It's just the way it is.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 Sep 2018, 5:11 pm

Everybody - look for the small things you did. Kindnesses. You've done many but swept them from your memory as "little."

I have a small habit of putting down a dollar (for somebody short at the cash or library) and say, "Pass it on." It makes everybody so happy! And forever I will remember the woman who put down $0.58 for essentials during our January Storms - no access even to ATM's.

Think again. You've done a lot with your life, just remember. Small ripples reaching wide.

mrspock
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Sep 2018, 2:00 pm

The problem is education cant fix autism. Many here did go to college and now don't work in their field and or don't work in high paying jobs. And that's not just us, it happens to NTs too, but its SO common with us, in fact its pretty much the norm.