2. smokers
3. rude people
4. loud noise

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2005, 11:14 am

"That's just the way it is."

People's refusal to see the possibility for change or a viewpoint other than their own really gets to me. My parents used to say that sort of thing all the time. It just upsets me when people can't look beyond whatever stupid rule society has in place.

ashkelon
Raven
Raven

23 Jun 2005, 11:22 am

Umm, mouth noises... the worst.

eating
slurping
snorting
snotty swallowing
most whistling, esp. that breathy, wet, sibilant kind
rattling papers

At a nightmare conference a week ago they served popcorn in paper sacks. Oh joy! Two of my favorites in one fell swoop!

I heard nothing for the next hour and a half.

Then there's

loud popping sounds
***like the guy next to me who's playing with bubble wrap.
***that's only OK if I have the bubble wrap.
anything screechy
too much perfume
having to keep moving b<-a<-c<-k in my thought process for collegues to catch up
people singing with headphones on
***vuht-doduht-voudut-bahbutt Oooowaoawaawaa waaa!

Yep, I'm at work :lol:

Apologies for no punctuation. Bad posting habit of my own...

pyraxis
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2005, 3:25 pm

Sanityisoverrated wrote:
"That's just the way it is."

People's refusal to see the possibility for change or a viewpoint other than their own really gets to me. My parents used to say that sort of thing all the time. It just upsets me when people can't look beyond whatever stupid rule society has in place.

YES.

That goes right alongside "Sure it's not fair. Life's not fair." I once got the joy of replying to my grandfather, "And never will be until people try to make it better!" :twisted: It was worth it as around the dinner table, everyone's jaws hit the floor simultaneously that the quiet little daughter would dare say such a thing :twisted:

(Yes, my family are rather set in their ways.)

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2005, 4:07 pm

People talking to me in a baby voice b/c they think I will understand them better that way. I find it incredibly condencsing and I will probably go nuts to the next person who does that.

Also, people who walk up to me and start signing, as if all deaf people knew how to sign :roll:

Next time that happens, I'll smile at them and raise my index finger. :twisted:

People who speak in generalities annoy me to no end.

People who treat me like I am "special" really, really piss me off in general.

ghotistix
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2005, 8:43 pm

Ooh, I forgot. Television in general annoys me to no end, but it's only when people leave it on and don't watch it that I feel the urge to strangle everybody around. These hopeless individuals are so conditioned by corporations that they can't be away from a constant stream of worthless blathering disguised as entertainment and hideously loud advertising for any length of time, even when they can't even give their full attention to it. Since I hate TV and everyone else around seems addicted to it, I get tons of collateral damage, so to speak.

My old roommate at college was the biggest perpetrator. When he wasn't simply turning on the TV and leaving the room, he would actually watch infomercials. He would WATCH THEM! For hours on end! With me in the room! Gah!

Take a look around some time, and count the number of TVs in a public place, especially in restaurants. Try to spot any that are off. There are none! Get in the habit of avoiding TV, and you'll end up as paranoid as I am. :cry:

ashkelon
Raven
Raven

24 Jun 2005, 10:45 am

ghotistix wrote:
Take a look around some time, and count the number of TVs in a public place, especially in restaurants. Try to spot any that are off. There are none! Get in the habit of avoiding TV, and you'll end up as paranoid as I am. :cry:

Oh YES! I really hate the thing. The content is horrible, the delivery is disgusting, and worst of all, I can't concentrate on anything if there's on running in a public place. It's the visual part of them that attracts me. My other 1/2 swats me on the head and says "ooooh preeety colors!" to bring me back :lol:

platypus
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jun 2005, 10:50 am

ashkelon wrote:
ghotistix wrote:

Oh YES! I really hate the thing. The content is horrible, the delivery is disgusting, and worst of all, I can't concentrate on anything if there's on running in a public place. It's the visual part of them that attracts me. My other 1/2 swats me on the head and says "ooooh preeety colors!" to bring me back :lol:

Yeah, I even find myself "watching" sports in those places -- and I hate sports.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2005, 10:52 am

You forgot to mention that too much TV makes kids ret*d!

Pandora
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2005, 5:36 am

Rude and bossy people.

Loud obnoxious TV shows and commercials.

Being patronised.

Being ignored.

Screaming kids.

People playing radios that are not quite properly tuned to the station.

People clearing their throats incessantly (why don't they suck a cough lolly or gargle or swallow some cough medicine or stop smoking if that's what causing the problem)

Bad smells.

People who are cruel to animals.

People who are cruel to kids.

Cruel people generally.

Stupid politicians.

Hold your heads up high.
"Western Girls" - Dragon

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2005, 7:20 am

-Any type of noise when I am trying to concentrate.
-Lawnmowers
-loud beeping sounds
-bass sounds
-fire alarms
-Any type of pervasive odor, such as house paint, chemicals, air fresheners, etc.
-People who don't admit their mistakes.
-People who don't simply admit they don't know, and try to make something up to tell you instead.
-"Just kidding!" When someone says that because they screwed up.
-Smokers, especially the ones who walk just ahead of you on the sidewalk, and take up just enough room that you can't pass by them.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2005, 7:43 am

I hate smokers that are too arrogant to realise that there are people that don't want to be inhaling their noxious smoke...

GA

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2005, 7:52 am

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2005, 7:58 am

Pets generally make people happy.
In my case, it's to have a companion when I can not find a human one...

The thing I don't like about pets myself, is the owners... and their lack of disciplining their pets, or wrongly discipling them. And cruelty

GA

Ante
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2005, 8:04 am

Deleted

Last edited by Ante on 09 Nov 2005, 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2005, 8:08 am

I wouldn't say it's controversial, alot of people I've met don't like pets. For various reasons. I'm fine with that choice.

GA