Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 9:01 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The Glorious Revolution was a nonviolent revolution, primarily.

Nonviolent? That's no fun. At least they had the Civil War (among others).

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jun 2018, 10:13 am

Daniel89 wrote:
I wouldn't say British people hate foreigners. Its just that we have never had a revolution so allowed the upper classes to keep hold of vast amounts of land and wealth. The only economic and political power the working class has is the value of labour so when the government imports millions of people they devalue the power and wages of the working class. It also pushes up rent and strains public services. Then you have immigrants and the children of immigrant telling you that you have white privilege and it angers people.

More over, the Muslim migrants seem to desire to see how far they can provoke the English, before the English seek revenge by sending said Muslim migrants to Prison Camps. That is why the Muslim migrants rape young women, drive people over with truck, and all the other horrid things that they do.

Daniel89
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 10:26 am

TwinRuler wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:
I wouldn't say British people hate foreigners. Its just that we have never had a revolution so allowed the upper classes to keep hold of vast amounts of land and wealth. The only economic and political power the working class has is the value of labour so when the government imports millions of people they devalue the power and wages of the working class. It also pushes up rent and strains public services. Then you have immigrants and the children of immigrant telling you that you have white privilege and it angers people.

More over, the Muslim migrants seem to desire to see how far they can provoke the English, before the English seek revenge by sending said Muslim migrants to Prison Camps. That is why the Muslim migrants rape young women, drive people over with truck, and all the other horrid things that they do.

They rape young girls because their religion allows it and the police ignore it. Terrorist attacks are relatively rare, I'm far more concerned about their increasing political power.

TwinRuler
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jun 2018, 12:45 pm

Daniel89 wrote:
TwinRuler wrote:
Daniel89 wrote:

They rape young girls because their religion allows it and the police ignore it. Terrorist attacks are relatively rare, I'm far more concerned about their increasing political power.

I agree with you there!

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 7:51 am

The Glorious Revolution was so called because the people got what they wanted (the removal of James II) without bloodshed. This was achieved due to the earlier War of Three Kingdoms (English Civil War) ending in the execution of Charles I. Parliament latter invited Charles II to be king but the role was completely different, parliament kept the power (ie the treasury and therefor the army*). In 1668 The Bill of Rights was signed - no monarch is legitimate without the support of parliament, and parliament has no legitimacy without the support of the people.

Feudalism isn't perfect and it's right that we've mostly moved on from it but it's how we got here, it's the reason our modern democracies exist. Feudalism is all about the land. Keeping a tight control of the it and therefor the production of food is very important when you are densely populated. Countries with more land per head could allow a wider ownership of land earlier. With land ownership in England came voting, is this the same in the US? if so were the rules actually different or did more people vote (6%) due to more people owning land?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 7:55 am

I love Fluffy when she talks like this :heart: :heart:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2018, 11:09 am

Originally, only landowners could vote in US elections.

The first election where there was anything resembling "universal manhood suffrage" was the 1840 election. There are probably many parallels between the various British Reform Bills and reform in the United States.