Do you believe we are getting closer to the end times?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 11:42 pm

glebel1 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
glebel1 wrote:
Scripture tells us that we can't predict the End of Days, so I believe that while we should be ready, we shouldn't be obsessed with it. Like what Martin Luther said when asked what he would do if he knew that Christ were to return tomorrow " I
would plant an apple tree".

Not to sound like an anal dickweed, but the actual quote went: "I'll live like Christ will return tomorrow, but I'll still plant apple trees."
I'm a Lutheran. Just out of interest, are you?

You bet. I have been a member of several synods over the years.

Cool. I was born and raised in the Missouri Synod, though I disagree with them on gay rights and evolution.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 2:25 am

GuyInABlackSuit wrote:
I keep hearing that the end is near; that the Second Coming of Christ (aka The Rapture) is coming at some point, that we will have 3 1/2 years of peace and 3 1/2 years of war. I think the 3 1/2 years of peace are going to happen in Heaven and the war is going to happen on Earth, as we will be controlled immensely by the Devil's army.

Two questions:
Do you believe the end is near?
and
Where do you think you are going to go? Do you think you're going to go to Heaven? Or hell? Or aren't you sure?

People have been asking this same question daily for two thousand years. The current time and events have always added up to the last days.

It was the last days when your father was 17 and his father and your great-great-great-great grandfather. 95% of the people who felt for sure they were living in the last days are dead.

That's one thing we can all count on. We will all have a last day. In the time it took me to write this, a great many people finished up their last day.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 7:58 pm

If only

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 8:21 pm

I do believe there will be a dimensional shift that only some are privy to. some call it the rapture. but it WON'T involve the kinds of "Christians" who are lording it over us now.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 9:24 pm

What times? Frames of reference are constantly being broken open and new ones born. To anyone in their 50's and beyond looking at what's going on a couple generations posterior I'm sure can seem like either revelation or end times and I think it's because everyone fights so hard to swim in their 20's and 30's that they're in the chaos rather than registering it from outside.

For the biblical stuff - I'm pretty sure that was Rome sacking Jerusalem between 66 and 70 AD. We're about 1,950 years late for that and I'd much rather live here and now than back then.

Also we're always ever on the edge of history, with the known behind us and the unknown in front of us. It's almost reminiscent of the situation in Tarot Key 0: The Fool in that it looks like we're about to step out into thin air - but we're not.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2018, 3:37 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
glebel1 wrote:
Scripture tells us that we can't predict the End of Days, so I believe that while we should be ready, we shouldn't be obsessed with it. Like what Martin Luther said when asked what he would do if he knew that Christ were to return tomorrow " I
would plant an apple tree".

Not to sound like an anal dickweed, but the actual quote went: "I'll live like Christ will return tomorrow, but I'll still plant apple trees."

Thank you!
His version didn't make any sense.