Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Space50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jun 2018, 4:59 pm

Personally I think it would be awkward to just immediately ask someone out without getting to know them. It's a way to get turned down I'd say.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2018, 6:12 pm

That's probably true. Get to know them a little first.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Jun 2018, 7:30 pm

I asked out at least a few women I worked with(we were in different departments) & they all turned me down. I also hit on LOTS of women on online forums but none of em were interested in me except for my 2nd girlfriend. I also messaged LOTS of women on dating sites but I never gotten more than a couple messages from any woman.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Space50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jun 2018, 11:12 am

nick007 wrote:
I asked out at least a few women I worked with(we were in different departments) & they all turned me down. I also hit on LOTS of women on online forums but none of em were interested in me except for my 2nd girlfriend. I also messaged LOTS of women on dating sites but I never gotten more than a couple messages from any woman.

Did you mention to those women on the online forums and dating websites that you have autism? If so that could be the reason why they've turned you down. They see autism mentioned and they think the man is mentally ret*d.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 11:57 am

I ask people out all the time.

"Miss, we're closing, it's time to go."

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave."

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

19 Jun 2018, 7:52 pm

Space50 wrote:
nick007 wrote:

Did you mention to those women on the online forums and dating websites that you have autism? If so that could be the reason why they've turned you down. They see autism mentioned and they think the man is mentally ret*d.
I did mention it on forums & some of those women kind of knew me abit cuz we were friends 1st. I did mention autism on dating sites at times & I got some messages from women asking me if I worked in the tech field. They all ignored me 1ce I told em I didn't. I think they were stereotyping & expecting me to be something like Bill Gates where I'm very successful. I know what you mean about people thinking of autism as being ret*d because some of the so-called experts where I'm from didn't believe I was on the spectrum. They thought I communicated too well verbally & seemed too intelligent to be on the spectrum.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 8:21 pm

A "no" or a "yes" would be too much, so no point.
I'm curious, but don't have the energy anymore.