Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Chelsie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2018, 9:30 pm

I've passed by to visit my mom. I'm already married and seldom see her due to a very hectic schedule. Work, business and family time conflicts. But, that's not my concern. I notice that she can't remember me at a glance and forget past events easily. I wanted to know if this is a sign of having Dementia?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2018, 9:52 pm

those could be signs of dementia or of other things. a doc's exam is in order.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 12:03 am

Chelsie wrote:
I've passed by to visit my mom. I'm already married and seldom see her due to a very hectic schedule. Work, business and family time conflicts. But, that's not my concern. I notice that she can't remember me at a glance and forget past events easily. I wanted to know if this is a sign of having Dementia?

It can be. A number of things can cause memory loss and dementia and some of them are reversible or treatable and some aren't. Your mother should be evaluated by a doctor.

Chelsie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2018, 6:08 am

I'm also thinking that it could be a Dementia. By the way, are there ways to treat a Dementia?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2018, 6:06 pm

Chelsie wrote:
I'm also thinking that it could be a Dementia. By the way, are there ways to treat a Dementia?

there are many different kinds of dementia, each with its own rules and treatment. a doc's exam is a MUST here.