Page 3 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 7:26 pm

It turns out you're right, Claradoon. Those 2,300 families will not be reunited right away.

The thing about Trump.....there's just an unpleasant aroma around him and his staff.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 9:43 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It turns out you're right, Claradoon. Those 2,300 families will not be reunited right away.

The thing about Trump.....there's just an unpleasant aroma around him and his staff.

The one terrifying thing is everyone who works with Trump shrivels up like a prune. That could be said metaphorically, but with Trump many of his staff have clear before and after pictures. Like how one looks after becoming demonically possessed. It’s weird.

Spooky_Mulder
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2018, 9:50 pm

sly279 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
sly279 wrote:
From what I saw we give the children medical care, set them up with family’s and provide them education and path to citizenship. I’d say send them back to their nations. Hardly cages.
Who sends their child alone to another nation?

A lot of them were ripped from their parents at the border, their parents came to ask for assylum, which isn't actually illegal. Also those children already have families, they are not being set up with families to begin with...but even if they were that is hardly a solution to being ripped away from their already existing parents. There is video and audio of children screaming and crying from being torn away from their parents.

The ones that came without parents probably don't have parents, they're parents are probably dead. Maybe you don't know much about how things work in the nations they come from.

The camps and policies were built under Obama and have been in operation for years.
So why was it ok under Obama?

There’s quite a bit of things done under Obama the left was either ok with or didn’t care about but now it’s continued under trump it’s horrible

Answer: the left wasn’t “okay” with it.

Immigration activists (the left) labeled Obama “the Deporter In Chief” while the right complained that Obama wasn’t doing enough.

Current immigration activists are using the same forms as were used when protesting against Obama.

That there was “no outrage” is the false right wing spin. Are more left and right now aware of it? Yes. Was there outrage during Obama’s administration? As said - it was the left that labeled him “the deporter in chief.”

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 1:14 am

Claradoon wrote:
But I would like to have your take on whether this ~separation of families~ really is The Wall in making?

The people will stop coming, will stop even asking to cross that border, if they know that the automatic
result will be (permanent?) loss of their children.

Maybe the separated families are individually being well-treated, fed, housed, etc. But home is where you can hold your parents' hands.

I'm serious. If we can step away from the horrors from the press, do we see that the border is about to become
very solid by virtue of no applications to cross?

The answer is yes, this is the Wall.

At zero cost.

How genius!

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Jun 2018, 6:32 am

sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:
From what I saw we give the children medical care, set them up with family’s and provide them education and path to citizenship. I’d say send them back to their nations. Hardly cages.

They weren't alone; they were with their parents. Trump ordered them to be taken from their parents as a deterrent to coming here.

Apparently it’s been a policy in place since Clinton in the 90s
So how’s it ok under Clinton, bush, and Obama(who built the current camps) but bad under trump? Where were you when kids were being separated under Obama’s?

These sorts of things were never OK, and lots of people said so at the time!

However, Trump made the policy much worse with his "zero-tolerance" approach. In the Obama era, people would be processed and asked to report to court on a certain date. Trump locked up people who had done nothing wrong, including children. He boasted about how much tougher he'd made things, and until yesterday you supported him.

Now Trump's finally admitted that this policy is evil (after Iran started using it in anti-American propaganda), and all you can say is "well Obama did half of this" as if that makes Trump OK.

The good news is that America is no longer worse than fascist Hungary, where it is now a criminal offence to be nice to an asylum seeker. What a dreadful week for freedom lovers everywhere - America, Italy, and now Hungary all hitting post-WWII lows.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 7:03 am

Italy had an economic growth after WWII.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 4:25 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
sly279 wrote:

They weren't alone; they were with their parents. Trump ordered them to be taken from their parents as a deterrent to coming here.

Apparently it’s been a policy in place since Clinton in the 90s
So how’s it ok under Clinton, bush, and Obama(who built the current camps) but bad under trump? Where were you when kids were being separated under Obama’s?

These sorts of things were never OK, and lots of people said so at the time!

However, Trump made the policy much worse with his "zero-tolerance" approach. In the Obama era, people would be processed and asked to report to court on a certain date. Trump locked up people who had done nothing wrong, including children. He boasted about how much tougher he'd made things, and until yesterday you supported him.

Now Trump's finally admitted that this policy is evil (after Iran started using it in anti-American propaganda), and all you can say is "well Obama did half of this" as if that makes Trump OK.

The good news is that America is no longer worse than fascist Hungary, where it is now a criminal offence to be nice to an asylum seeker. What a dreadful week for freedom lovers everywhere - America, Italy, and now Hungary all hitting post-WWII lows.

I, saying the lefts hypocrisy is annoying. I’m tired of it. Any time trump does something obama did and the left freaks out while they’re praised obama for it is annoying.
If they didn’t complain about obama doing it they should keep their mouths shut when trump does it. They don’t give two cents about those people it’s just another political jab at trump they can make. They do the same things about what shows his wife wears. They look for any thing to use against him and that’s all this is. My sentator is down at the camps now, why wasn’t he down there under obama? He doesn’t care about them he just wants political points.
Lefts making a big stink about trumps making laws with his pen, but praised Obama for the same thing, they defended obama drone strikes but they’ll say it’s bad if trump does it. I’m fine with most trumps executive orders since they to get rid of Obama’s orders. Only way To undo hat obama did sadly. I hope trump will do less but reality is once that box was opened it won’t be shut so expect more and more illegal pen orders from future presidents of both parties. They’ve illegally expanded their powers since 1930s. No one cares when it’s their side in power doing it. In th end it’ll be us peasants whol hurt from it all not the wealthy politicians.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2018, 5:09 pm

See my thread on this. Debunked in 60 seconds. It is party politics, nothing more.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 9:01 am

Spooky_Mulder wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

The one terrifying thing is everyone who works with Trump shrivels up like a prune. That could be said metaphorically, but with Trump many of his staff have clear before and after pictures. Like how one looks after becoming demonically possessed. It’s weird.

That’s because he is a soul sucking demon.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2018, 1:51 pm

Misslizard wrote:
Spooky_Mulder wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

That’s because he is a soul sucking demon.

I KNEW IT!